Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 1, 2009, 9:48 PM   #1

I know there's been some talk recently about PSE 7.0. I just got the Staples flyer for this coming up week and it's on sale for $60 after $40 rebate if anyone's interested.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2009, 10:19 AM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Thanks for the tip Patty. I've been toying with upgrading from PSE 5...this may be a good price point to do it at. I've finally gotten used to PSE after many years and a great fondness for Microsoft's Digital Image Suite. Unfortunately, Microsoft chose to abandon D.I.S. and for the last year or so I've been using PSE. What really helped was the "Missing Manual" book for PSE 5.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 6:19 PM   #3

I got PS 7.0 as a birthday gift several years ago Patty. Don't have the elements version but it should be a good one. Still use it even though I have CS3 and Lightroom. That is a very good price as PS 7.0 went for several hundred dollars when bought for me.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 7:02 PM   #4

That's less than what I bought it for recently with an academic discount. I used it while my computer was in the shop and was really impressed. It does all that I normally do to pictures, so think that's a really good buy.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 8:50 PM   #5

I've never used the real PS. But, have had PSE since it's 1st edition. It does everything I need and then some.

The display in 6 and 7 does take some getting used to after using earlier versions. It is a dark background. I believe in 6 it's not adjustable, but in 7 you can make it lighter.

If you want inexpensive lessons on it, check out www.eclecticacademy.com. They have 6 week online courses for $25. Fantastic instructor (Sara Froehlich) with lessons that are jam packed with all sorts of things.

There might even be a rebate of $20 or so in the box. It usually ships with a rebate if you have an older version or other Adobe products.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote