Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 5, 2009, 8:34 PM   #1

My partner & I shot a wedding this past weekend. Used my Ist DS with DA 16-45, AF500 FTZ Flash with Gary Fong Lightsphere (clear) Should have bought that a long time ago.

Other equipment K10d & DA 50-200
Attached Images

DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2009, 9:06 PM   #2

Beautiful shot of a beautiful bride. Looks like the Lightsphere does a great job of diffusing the flash. I never would have guessed you used flash if you hadn't said so.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2009, 7:25 AM   #3

I thought the Lightsphere was just some tupperware at a high price-boy was I wrong. This thing does magic up to 12-15 feet-if you do weddings or portraits you shouldn't be without it. It takes a little adjusting to get it to fit snug-I bought my flash on Ebay for not much $$ so I used adhesive velcro to stabilize it. As far as I'm concerned it isn't coming off this flash again.
Old May 6, 2009, 8:51 AM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

That's quite an endoresement for the GF Lightsphere! How does it work in rooms with high ceilings or outdoors? I use the Stofen Omnibounce, but it requires a ceiling to bounce the light and therefore, not very useful in places like churches with high ceilings or outdoors.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2009, 11:01 AM   #5

This was shot in the "Photo" room at the hotel where the reception was held. Ceilings were about 12-0. Notice there are no shadows anywhere-taken from about 15-0 feet away. Paid $39.00 from B&H with free shipping. BTW these are all jpegs right out of the camera-just cropping
Attached Images