Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 10, 2009, 9:31 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachol View Post
Well, I've used this format before on several boards so no real problems with that. Since the changeover though, my log-in doesn't stick, I can log-in normally which is accepted, then when I add to a thread I get asked to log-in again before I can post. I've not fathomed that one yet ???. ... jack
Jack,
I had that problem with the old format once. Can't remember what I had to do exactly but, I think it had to do with clearing my cookies or old history and then resetting my bookmark for log in. maybe that will do it?

GW
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2009, 11:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Well, I've used this format before on several boards so no real problems with that. Since the changeover though, my log-in doesn't stick, I can log-in normally which is accepted, then when I add to a thread I get asked to log-in again before I can post. I've not fathomed that one yet ???. ... jack
That happened to me in replies, but not the quick replies - it may be a time out issue or a security requirement. I moderate in another forum package elsewhere, and the private forums (moderators only, etc.) require a separate login for access and again to submit a post. It is annoying, but someone thinks it necessary.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2009, 10:47 PM   #33

The having to re-log in when posting has only happened to me once. It used to happen occasionally (not often) with the old forum, too. I've gone through the advanced mode a couple of times without this coming up - don't know if using Safari makes a difference or not.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 11:55 AM   #34
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Hello IB Dick,
I have a press in the shop I sometimes use called an "AB Dick," you guys aren't related by any chance?

As I'm getting used to the change, I'm liking it more and more. the one complaint I have is the smiley list. I seldom use the ones in the main section and the "more" option opens a window that I have to maximize to see the icons, then finding the one I want is difficult. some times the one I want is in a different location or isn't there at all, then I'll refresh the list and it appears. is there anyway for the user to customize this? (could use some different smileys too)
Thank you for all your hard work, I use to be an administrator for a forum and I understand how much work it is!

GW
AB Dick is my cousin (twice removed). We're not very close though.

We unfortunately can't make smiles function differently for users.

Quote:
This is almost always a cookie problem, as mentioned by Goldwinger. Delete all the cookies for this site and you should be good. (this is an easy task in FF, but sometimes requires a couple attempts in IE, which doesn't always like to delete cookies when you tell it to)
IB-Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 11:06 AM   #35

GW & IBD,
Thanks for the pointers, the problem seemed to happen in both IE & firefox, I've cleared the TIF and cookies several times in both browsers, but it was still happening. Not fussed about IE, but I do browse with FF, so I've been playing with settings in there, seems I might be OK now. I did find it was happening on my Linux box also which uses FF, so still can't account for it, it never happened with the old forum software. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 11:26 AM   #36
Administrator

Quote:
GW & IBD,
Thanks for the pointers, the problem seemed to happen in both IE & firefox, I've cleared the TIF and cookies several times in both browsers, but it was still happening. Not fussed about IE, but I do browse with FF, so I've been playing with settings in there, seems I might be OK now. I did find it was happening on my Linux box also which uses FF, so still can't account for it, it never happened with the old forum software. ... Jack
I just hope we can get this working smoothly for you.
IB-Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 11:55 AM   #37

This is my first visit in a while (stoopid work), and my first look at the changes. It shows my last visit as 11:00 PM, 12-31-1969. BTW, I was 26 then. I have to say, the color layout is "different".

Edit: As soon as I posted this, it showed "Today, 04:55PM", but it is 12:54PM EST. No biggie, just curious.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 12:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
This is my first visit in a while (stoopid work), and my first look at the changes. It shows my last visit as 11:00 PM, 12-31-1969. BTW, I was 26 then. I have to say, the color layout is "different".

Edit: As soon as I posted this, it showed "Today, 04:55PM", but it is 12:54PM EST. No biggie, just curious.
Welcome back. 12-31-1969 is the default start date - it changes after your first visit. The default time zone is GMT - go to User CP (on the red bar at the top of this page), then go to Edit Options (under Settings) and change it to your time own zone.

Last edited by penolta; May 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2009, 8:54 AM   #39

i love it.. i've always been a v-bulletin fan
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 4:09 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB-Dick View Post
I just hope we can get this working smoothly for you.
IB-D, Thanks again, it's working fine now, though I haven't figured out what change in FF did the trick, not that it matters now. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote