Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 9, 2009, 8:15 AM   #11

Hey G.W. congrats on winning the monthly challenge. I've been pretty busy lately and did not have a chance to enter last month. I did how ever get a chance to look at all the entry's and enjoyed them all. I hope to get something entered for this months topic. Once again congratulations on the win, and to everyone else that posted nice job.
Here's to another month of photography
Stevie
StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 8:44 AM   #12

Hi ya Stevie,
Thank you for the comments. I've missed seeing your post, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

GW
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 3:49 PM   #13

GW - Congratulations on winning the April Challenge!
Is there a thread that explains the monthly challenge for folks like me who are recent arrivals at this forum?
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 4:04 PM   #14

Congrats, GW! Well earned, you have grown a lot as a photographer since you joined.

Mole: this monthly challange is just for fun, and the award is that the winner chooses a theme for the next month. Pictures should be resized to 800 pixels wide or high, and the voters decide if a picture is within the theme or not. The picture must be taken with a Pentax or Samsung DSLR. You may change your enter if you take a better one later in the month, pictures should be taken not earlier than 60 days before the month starts. You may vote even if you haven't entered a picture yourself. Thats about all, I think.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 5:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
Congrats, GW! Well earned, you have grown a lot as a photographer since you joined.

Mole: this monthly challange is just for fun, and the award is that the winner chooses a theme for the next month. Pictures should be resized to 800 pixels wide or high, and the voters decide if a picture is within the theme or not. The picture must be taken with a Pentax or Samsung DSLR. You may change your enter if you take a better one later in the month, pictures should be taken not earlier than 60 days before the month starts. You may vote even if you haven't entered a picture yourself. Thats about all, I think.

Kjell
Thank you Kjell!
It is the kind folks here on this forum and there encouragement, willingness to help and put up with newbies that helped me to gain the knowledge and experience that I have, and I still have a long ways to go!

A big thanks to everyone of you. Just to let you know, I just sold my first photos last week. I took six 8X10's I framed to work to show my friends and one of the ladies in the business office saw them and bought all 6 of them, plus I got request for more. Now if I can just sell 500 more, I'll be able to get that new 800mm lens I've been drooling over.
GW
Old May 9, 2009, 8:03 PM   #16

Well deserved, GW! Always nice to know that others like your pictures.

Mole - in addition to what Kjell wrote (he implied it but didn't state it) - you can only enter one picture, though as he said, you can change it if you take a better one later (delete the first one if you change the entry). There's no restrictions on post processing methods used.

P.S. And if you used some interesting technique, either photographically or post processing, we'd love to see your explanation how you did it.

Last edited by mtngal; May 9, 2009 at 8:05 PM. Reason: Another thought.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 8:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
Congrats, GW! Well earned,

Kjell
Well said. I second that.

Each of the past months I had the challenge subject in mind and usually my ideal idea only cames well after the month was over

This is not an entry as I took that sometime ago - a single light pole.

I suppose it is tall enough

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2009, 8:32 AM   #18

That's a very different kind of shot Daniel. very colorful!
I've never seen anything quite like that down here. are they running phone line or fiber optic?

GW
Old May 10, 2009, 6:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
That's a very different kind of shot Daniel. very colorful!
I've never seen anything quite like that down here. are they running phone line or fiber optic?

GW
It was a fun shots. Likely these were fibre optics.
A closer look of the color taken in 2007

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 1:08 PM   #20

That's cool Daniel, I figured that must be the case.