Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 14, 2009, 10:45 PM   #1

Default Ritz Camera close out

Well here in the Phoenix area there are several Ritz locations closing where they are having 50% to 80% off. I called around yesterday at lunch to see what they had in the way of Pentax products. Most locations had a pair of DA 18-55 and DA 50-200 kit lenses for around $30 (if I remember right). They also had some battery packs for K10s, along with the IR wireless remotes now going for about $3 to 4 each (reg $23), and the location that we just stopped by after dinner, had about 10 to 12 of those.

One location even had a K100D Super body for $175 yesterday at 50%, and today is the day they drop it to 60 to 80% off - I might call tomorrow, but I have a perfectly good K100 already that is working just fine to backup up my new K20. I doubt that they would drop it to 80% off today - that would be $70.

I was thinking about scoring a pair of Pentax Binoculars, but alas - they were gone, so I left empty handed.

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2009, 9:39 AM   #2

On Saturday I decided I would skip the various Ritz camera stores that are selling around where I am - I really don't need much. However, your mention of the batteries for the K10/K20 could easily change my mind. May have to spend Saturday discovering if any of them are still around and might have something like that.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 10:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
On Saturday I decided I would skip the various Ritz camera stores that are selling around where I am - I really don't need much. However, your mention of the batteries for the K10/K20 could easily change my mind. May have to spend Saturday discovering if any of them are still around and might have something like that.
I bought everything you see here for 50-60% off at the two local Ritz's that were going out of business in the NW.

jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 11:48 AM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

None of the Ritz stores in my area are closing! While it means no good deals for me to go after, I'm glad that the reorganization has not impacted the many good folk who work there.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 2:07 PM   #5

Wow! They are closing all of the stores that are "near" me - at least all that came up when I put in my zip code.

I thought about going and picking up a K100 Super to replace my K100. But I like my K100, there's nothing wrong with it and there are a number of other things that I'd like to spend my money on much more. I wouldn't mind a 360 flash to go with my 540, but it's low on my list. I'd like a filter to use with the K100 for IR photography, but figure that it's too specialized for the Ritz camera stores around here (my local store, a very nice independently owned store, doesn't carry them).
Old May 15, 2009, 3:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Wow! They are closing all of the stores that are "near" me - at least all that came up when I put in my zip code.

I thought about going and picking up a K100 Super to replace my K100. But I like my K100, there's nothing wrong with it and there are a number of other things that I'd like to spend my money on much more. I wouldn't mind a 360 flash to go with my 540, but it's low on my list. I'd like a filter to use with the K100 for IR photography, but figure that it's too specialized for the Ritz camera stores around here (my local store, a very nice independently owned store, doesn't carry them).
I just got back from a Ritz store. Got these items CHEAP!
1. Pentax DA 18-55mm $39.60
2. Battery Grip $25.49
3. Pentax 2x tele-converter $15.99
4. Pentax D-LI50 B battery $14
5. Pentax Remote Control FF $4.80
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 4:25 PM   #7

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Quote:

What website are you at where you can enter your zip code? I'd be interested to know if there are any closing withing a drivable distance from my home.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 5:15 PM   #8

This was a link posted on another Pentax forum - it's supposed to be a list of Ritz store that are closing. http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/m...d=1&download=1 . According to the Ritz website that lists stores within something like 50 miles of a zip code, all of the ones around me are closing.
Old May 15, 2009, 5:34 PM   #9

Just bought the BG2 grip from them for $28.80. I was going to buy this at amazon.com last week for $130. Lucky they where out of stock.

I also bought the Pentax wireless F remote for $4.80.

I highly recommended everyone to dropped by one that is closing to see what they have.

Thanks mtngal for the links to the stores that are closing. I will have to check out a few more shops around here.

Last edited by superakuma; May 15, 2009 at 5:38 PM.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 10:47 AM   #10

Default Good deals to be had...

There are two Ritz stores near me that are closing. They were pretty well picked over by the time I went to them. However I did score some good deals on some good stuff.
  • Pentax K10D Magic Lantern Guides $2.88
  • Sigma 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 Mini Zoom Macro $13.23
  • Remote Control F $7.28
  • Med. Backpack $15.00
  • QR Neo Air curved camera strap $4.00
  • Various Cokin holder, rings and filters
Oh yeah, I also bought a Nikon ...... 7x35 binoculars for $30.
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote