Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 16, 2009, 11:24 PM   #1

Default Pentax K2000

Just received the K2000 which is my first DSLR. I am looking forward to growing with the camera.

Here is a link to my first pictures with the K2000

Appreciate your comments and feedback
http://zphotography.ning.com
Idaho Memories
http://www.idahomemories.com
idahomemories is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2009, 10:30 AM   #2

Excellent pictures....colour, exposure is right on. The detail in the water is great...you can see the little wind whipped waves, but I have to say my favorites are of the row boat going down the river.

I recently bought a KM, which is the same as your K2000. The American market labels this camera as a K2000...Canadian market as a KM...don't know why.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 1:49 AM   #3

excellent pictures! i just ordered a pentak k2000 myself, it is my first DSLR and first step up from a point and shoot. These pictures are making me even more excited to receive mine. If you have any links to good resources for me, let me know!
benburdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 1:27 PM   #4

I too am really happy with my recent purchase- excellent camera, it just feels so right in my hands.
tbanting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 3:02 PM   #5

Welcome to a couple of new Pentaxians in this thread!

Dan - my comment is - can I come visit? It sure looks cool and beautiful there. Love the row boat pictures, but really just love the scenery. As far as feedback - you have the same problem that I do - occasionally your horizon line isn't straight. It's quite easy to rotate your pictures slightly in most graphic programs (like PSE etc.) to line it up, and it would improve the pictures quite a bit. You are actually better than I am - you've got more than a few that were straight (mine rarely are). In any case, an excellent start.

benburdick - don't hesitate to ask questions here, we're always willing to answer questions. And the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. As far as resources, there are all kinds on the net, depends on what you are interested in. Luminous Landscape is a good resource, Strobist a good resource for flash (though I've only just started reading it), there's two web sites that give excellent information about Pentax lenses (past and current, since you can use old lenses on your K2000).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Welcome to a couple of new Pentaxians in this thread!

Dan - my comment is - can I come visit? It sure looks cool and beautiful there. Love the row boat pictures, but really just love the scenery. As far as feedback - you have the same problem that I do - occasionally your horizon line isn't straight. It's quite easy to rotate your pictures slightly in most graphic programs (like PSE etc.) to line it up, and it would improve the pictures quite a bit. You are actually better than I am - you've got more than a few that were straight (mine rarely are). In any case, an excellent start.

benburdick - don't hesitate to ask questions here, we're always willing to answer questions. And the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. As far as resources, there are all kinds on the net, depends on what you are interested in. Luminous Landscape is a good resource, Strobist a good resource for flash (though I've only just started reading it), there's two web sites that give excellent information about Pentax lenses (past and current, since you can use old lenses on your K2000).
Thank you for the warm welcome and the site suggestions. Going to check them out now! You should be seeing some more of me around here once I get my camera and have some nice photos to share
benburdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 6:56 AM   #7

I missed your post back in May. Was busy taking care of parents. Lovely photos I missed. Now I see why my son wants to move to Idaho.

And, welcome to both you and benburdick. Seems like the last week or so has been an eye opener with how nice the Pentax cameras are. I think that makes five new members.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:03 PM   #8

I have the K2000 as well, and I really like what you are doing with yours. Great color, composition, and all the good things the others said!!

Regards,
Lawrence
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:28 PM   #9

I too have found the K-m to be all the camera I need at this point, and have enjoyed seeing your photos as well.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:58 AM   #10

Great pics! Those landscapes are amazing.
LadyRo is offline   Reply With Quote