Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:32 PM   #121

Here is latest review on the K7 courtesy of Google alerts:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Pentax-K7-11613
Cheers: Ian Mc
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 6:04 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Mc View Post
Here is latest review on the K7 courtesy of Google alerts:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Pentax-K7-11613
Cheers: Ian Mc
Well done Pentax you got that right, you see the noise control on that sucker
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 5:29 PM   #123

looks nice but i'm glad i got the k20d finally at 1/2 price..
ii'm good for 3-5 years.. i have 3 years on the cam also
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:52 PM   #124

Next month's Modern Photography has an enthusiastic cover story (a preview) of the K7. Should stir up some interest outside of the usual circles.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2009, 5:36 PM   #125

I do a lot of sports photography of my son playing football and basketball and there have been times when I wanted to take some video, but didn't want to lug around two cameras, so from a praticality perspective, I think it would be very nice to have, even though I still prefer pics over video most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Engineer View Post
I may have missed it in my reading, but what is the ISO range for the K7? I also agree with others that adding the movie-making ability is superfluous, and the added cost therefor will probably decrease the sales made. I have a videocam, but never use it anymore, finding the act of creation to be boring alongside my DSLR work.
Old Engineer
jnanpentaxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 6:01 AM   #126

Well it looks like it will be a great camera but i don't know anymore from these comparison shots with the K20D, so far i think Canon is the king of ISO but the pentax has better detail than canon.
http://falklumo.smugmug.com/gallery/...67685146_hdKwW

but here things look a lot better
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/639083-post163.html

Last edited by hercules; Jun 19, 2009 at 6:05 AM.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:19 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
Next month's Modern Photography has an enthusiastic cover story (a preview) of the K7. Should stir up some interest outside of the usual circles.
Ahhh Penolta...you must be an old geezer like myself...I also still call Popular Photography...Modern Photography....sometimes..

I also read the preview...which although it whetted my appetitie for the K7 was short of details. However I look forward to the full test promised in the future by this publication.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 12:19 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Ahhh Penolta...you must be an old geezer like myself...I also still call Popular Photography...Modern Photography....sometimes..

I also read the preview...which although it whetted my appetitie for the K7 was short of details. However I look forward to the full test promised in the future by this publication.
I used to read both, and after they merged, both names were on the cover for a while. Modern was always stronger on equipment testing. Old habits die hard.

Speaking of jumping the gun, the upcoming issue of American Photographer is supposed to feature the K7 as a co-awardee of Camera of the Year in one category, but not based on hands on examination of a production model - only a prototype and/or specs. At least they didn't omit it to meet their awards deadline for the year. This is good publicity.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:17 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
I used to read both, and after they merged, both names were on the cover for a while. Modern was always stronger on equipment testing. Old habits die hard.

Speaking of jumping the gun, the upcoming issue of American Photographer is supposed to feature the K7 as a co-awardee of Camera of the Year in one category, but not based on hands on examination of a production model - only a prototype and/or specs. At least they didn't omit it to meet their awards deadline for the year. This is good publicity.
I will have to keep my eye open for that edition. I was just thinking the other day that there should soon be a flood of tests on the K7...Shutterbug, Pop Photography, Outdoor Photography, etc.

When I was considering the K10D a few years ago I picked up all the tests I could on the K10D to check it out before I purchased the camera.

I love my K10D...it's a fabulous camera and I also just bought a Pentax KM (digital-not 35mm from the '70's)...but...and I haven't told my wife this yet...but that K7 sure seems tempting.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2009, 10:43 PM   #130

Hi Lesmore49,

Sorry to put this post on the K7 thread. I see you just bouht a KM, Can you have a look at my post on the KM problems, and give me your opinion.

Cheers
surfseen is offline   Reply With Quote