Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 23, 2009, 6:00 PM   #1

Default Upgrade to K2000

Hey guys. Been a while since I was on here but had some major family stuff goin on. I had posted some of my photos from my Pentax ist DS in the past. I recently upgraded to a K2000 and thought I would share some of my pics with you. For those of you who wondered about the K2000 and its upgrade from point and shoot-I have to say that its a wonderful camera that still gives you the freedom to set up your own shots. However, the perks of having some additional features is great! I think its a lot like working with the ist DS but better! Definitely faster! Anyways, enjoy!
Attached Images

maverick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2009, 8:45 AM   #2

Hey Maverick,
Some really nice sharp pix!
the last two look like my neck of the woods, where abouts do you live?

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2009, 9:20 AM   #3

Thanks GW! Yeah, I love it so far. Still trying to figure out some of the settings but great camera.

Actually I live in Orlando. They were taken at Blanchard Park.
Old May 24, 2009, 10:24 AM   #4

About a month or so ago I bought a KM...same camera as a K2000, but called a KM in Canada and Europe, I believe. I have a K10D and use the KM as a daily carry around camera and as an additional body to my K10D.

I'm happy with the KM, light, small...great pictures. Congrats to you for joining the K2000/KM club.

I think it's going to be a big one.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2009, 11:06 AM   #5

Thanks Lesmore!
I actually find that I understand the settings better on the K2000 than I did on the ist DS. Not that it was out of my understanding, but it seems easier to set up on the K2000. I think the only thing I don't like is how they went to a plastic mount. Feels cheap but I take care of my stuff so I don't think there will be a problem. Plus it was great to get the package deal with both the 18-55mm and 80-200 mm lenses.
I heard of this camera as the K-m and watched videos on youtube about it. Like I said, great design and definitely alot more features. My Tokina 80-200 mm works great on it too!
Old May 24, 2009, 11:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
Thanks Lesmore!
I actually find that I understand the settings better on the K2000 than I did on the ist DS. Not that it was out of my understanding, but it seems easier to set up on the K2000. I think the only thing I don't like is how they went to a plastic mount. Feels cheap but I take care of my stuff so I don't think there will be a problem. Plus it was great to get the package deal with both the 18-55mm and 80-200 mm lenses.
I heard of this camera as the K-m and watched videos on youtube about it. Like I said, great design and definitely alot more features. My Tokina 80-200 mm works great on it too!
That plastic lens mount on the 18-55 lens was something I wasn't happy with either and the fact that the 18-55 lens didn't come with a lens hood also bugged me.

Other than that I'm happy with the KM (has a stainless steel lens mount..thank heavens) and I have to say even though the 18-55 has a plastic mount the pictures are excellent.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2009, 4:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
Thanks GW! Yeah, I love it so far. Still trying to figure out some of the settings but great camera.

Actually I live in Orlando. They were taken at Blanchard Park.
Well that's cool, you're less than an hour away. If you're ever over this way be sure and stop by and say hello!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2009, 8:07 PM   #8

Welcome from another happy K-m user! Those are some fine sharp shots with great color!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote