Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   Spring Bank Holida Visit. (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/155878-spring-bank-holida-visit.html)

jachol Jun 2, 2009 7:26 AM

Spring Bank Holida Visit.

4 Attachment(s)
Spring Bank Holiday in the UK fell on the 23d - 25th of May, we took the opportunity to visit our second daughter Lesley, who lives in the Reading area W. of London.
Here are a few flower close-ups from her garden. ... Jack

Wingman Jun 2, 2009 7:37 AM

Very nice indeed! #3 & #4 are my favorites. Nice job with the framing as well!

rhermans Jun 2, 2009 7:52 AM

Nice series, really like the last one

Ronny

Keltech Jun 2, 2009 11:25 AM

jachol,

All very nice pictures. No 4 is my favorite.

Lou

Goldwinger Jun 2, 2009 3:52 PM

Very nice Jack,
the first one looks good enough to eat!
:sport-smiley-004:

a200user Jun 2, 2009 10:38 PM

Nice series of photos. And nice garden your daughter has there. I love this time of year as the flowers start to bloom.

Jim

Rodney9 Jun 2, 2009 11:38 PM

The last is my favourite, almost 3D.

jachol Jun 3, 2009 4:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelpee (Post 973880)
Very nice indeed! #3 & #4 are my favorites. Nice job with the framing as well!

Thanks Jelpee, I agree with your favourites, I set them in order of my preference. ...

Ronny, thanks for looking, and commenting. I should have said all were shot with the kit lens ... the more I use it the more Ilike it. ...

Lou, thanks for stopping by, and the comments.

Thanks GW. eat all you want, I don't think they'll be very filling. LOL ;)

Hi Jim, Yes Lesley is proud of her garden, it's taken several years to transform ... when she bought the property the garden (over an acre in size) was completely overgrown with several rotten trees, it's all been gradually cleared, and restructured, and is now near completion.

Hi Rodney, I'm working on the 3D effect, the kit lens can be very underrated to my mind. Once again Thanks to all ... comments are appreciated. ... Jack.

jachol Jun 3, 2009 5:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Out of interest here's a shot of the main garden, which is to the side of the house, this is shot across the house end of the area from the rear corner, the fence you can see at extreme right is the rear boundary ... there's still a lot out of frame on the right.The second shot is looking back towards the house from about 1/3 the way up. ... Jack

Edit. ... Judging by shadows, these were shot early evening.

nhmom Jun 3, 2009 7:53 AM

All are lovely, but I really like #3 and 4. The garden as a whole is beautiful, too. Tell Lesley she did a great job.

Patty

Goldwinger Jun 3, 2009 1:43 PM

Lovely yard and garden!
I wish I had the time to spend in transforming my own yard, it sure needs it!:D

jachol Jun 4, 2009 4:40 AM

Hi Patty & GW,
Lesley hasn't done it all herself, there's a very good team of gardeners who've put her plans into reality, by doing the hard landscaping for her. I do marvel at the amount of work she does herself, in her full time job she puts in some long hours, and travels abroad a lot in the process.
I always enjoy visiting, apart from interest in changes she's made in the garden, there's a good number of National Trust venues in fairly easy travelling distance, and I must mention the excellent Royal Horticutural Society gardens at Kew, and Wisley, go to either one at different times of year, and you always find something new to shoot at. More of this later, thanks again for comments. ... Jack

jachol Jun 4, 2009 8:26 AM

Some shots of Savill Gardens

5 Attachment(s)
Situated in Windsor Great Park ...

http://www.theroyallandscape.co.uk/l.../savillgarden/

A good day out, and plenty to shoot at. Enjoy !. ... Jack

Trojansoc Jun 4, 2009 9:38 AM

Jack, I like all of the shots, but in the original post #3 really jumps out for me. The lines and contrast are really outstanding.

Paul

jachol Jun 5, 2009 4:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojansoc (Post 974477)
Jack, I like all of the shots, but in the original post #3 really jumps out for me. The lines and contrast are really outstanding.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Thanks for looking in, I think it says a lot for the potential of the kit lens, I'm more and more impressed each time I use it.
A few more now, this lens is becoming a real work horse. ... Jack.

mole Jun 5, 2009 12:49 PM

I sure missed this set the first time around! Thanks for sharing these great garden spots. It shows how well the kit lens can perform in the hands of a talented photographer!

jachol Jun 7, 2009 7:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mole (Post 974828)
I sure missed this set the first time around! Thanks for sharing these great garden spots. It shows how well the kit lens can perform in the hands of a talented photographer!

Thanks for the compliment mole, I'm almost blushing. ... I've said this before in another thread, I can't think why I neglected the kit lens for so long, I think it's earned a permanent position in my camera ready bag.

jachol Jun 7, 2009 7:39 AM

National Trust Garden at Hinton Ampner

5 Attachment(s)
http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main...onampnergarden

Another place visited ... not as big as savill gardens, but interesting.

The flower shots I made here demonstrate the excellent colour rendition of the DA 18/55. ... Jack