Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:59 PM   #11

Hi Harriet,

Not boring at all!! I think you've got a unique perspective on things, and I always enjoy seeing the results from your outings. All that I see is that you keep on getting better and better at the many genres that you shoot.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:45 PM   #12

Thanks for the compliments, Scott and Keltech. I usually use a flash off-camera wirelessly. The on-board flash won't reach over the Viv 105 at 1:1, so it's hopeless to try it with the reversed 50. And I cheated with the dandelion - I got tired of battling the breeze when I was taking the little purple flowers (they were hand-held) so I picked the dandelion and put it on a bench, using a tripod for the camera. No wind and a stable camera helps a lot.

P.S. As you probably noticed, not only do you get quite close to the subject when using the reversed 50, your DOF is miniscule so you go from OOF to in focus so quickly, it's sometimes hard to spot unless you are going about it slowly.

Last edited by mtngal; Jun 9, 2009 at 10:47 PM.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
And I cheated with the dandelion - I got tired of battling the breeze when I was taking the little purple flowers (they were hand-held) so I picked the dandelion and put it on a bench, using a tripod for the camera. No wind and a stable camera helps a lot.

Hi Harriet,

Have you seen the Wimberly Plamp? -- It might be something to consider. . .
http://www.tripodhead.com/products/plamp-main.cfm

Marc Languille apparently uses one -- but my birds would probably object. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:17 AM   #14

Ooooh - VERY cool! And not outrageous either. Thanks for the tip, my other half is definitely NOT going to like you. I love their suggestion of having 2 - one for the remote or a reflector. I could sure use something like that!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote