Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:41 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

rodney,
jacol and i have both made these from scratch..
however i think i'll order 1 for fun.. i'd like to find it locally tho..
thanks for the links..

__________________
Roy
Passion is in all great searches and is necessary to all creative endeavors. - W. Eugene Smith
http://picasaweb.google.com/roysphoto/?pli=1
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:54 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
penolta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: California USA
Posts: 5,206
Default

You have a genius for finding hard to find and little known micro-creepy-crawlies. I haven't seen a pseudoscorpion in a long time (but then again I haven't been looking). That first shot is a remarkable capture.

Digi-slave ring lights have variable output, can illuminate half the ring for directional lighting, and have the flexibility of being used as flashes. I have had the Digi-slave Ultra II for some time, but there are more powerful models available now. Digi-slave ring lights cost more than simpler units, but are more useful:

http://www.srelectronics.com/

Last edited by penolta; Jun 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 1:06 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Goldwinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 6,515
Default

Nice work Ronny.
__________________
GW

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 1:07 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,522
Default

As always, I am amazed at both your choice of subjects and your technical skill. Must agree with the rest, the pseudoscorpion and his/her prey is superb!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 4:35 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal1970 View Post
Love the flower - I am gonna have to try this focus stacking

With the LED ringlight, I bought one for camping / garage use and cut a bigger hole in it for the lens. ...
Thanks Dal

I had seen those ufo lights and I've been going between trying to build something myself of buying. In the end I got the prebuild thing.

Ronny
__________________
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 4:39 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
You have a genius for finding hard to find and little known micro-creepy-crawlies. I haven't seen a pseudoscorpion in a long time (but then again I haven't been looking). That first shot is a remarkable capture.

Digi-slave ring lights have variable output, can illuminate half the ring for directional lighting, and have the flexibility of being used as flashes. I have had the Digi-slave Ultra II for some time, but there are more powerful models available now. Digi-slave ring lights cost more than simpler units, but are more useful:

http://www.srelectronics.com/
Thanks Penolta,
Really like the way that digi-slave ultra II, looks great. But for now I'm happy with this thing.

Ronny
__________________
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 4:40 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Nice work Ronny.
Thanks GW
__________________
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 4:40 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
As always, I am amazed at both your choice of subjects and your technical skill. Must agree with the rest, the pseudoscorpion and his/her prey is superb!
Thanks Mole
__________________
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:09 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

just ordered the 48led.
we'll see if something comes from it..
__________________
Roy
Passion is in all great searches and is necessary to all creative endeavors. - W. Eugene Smith
http://picasaweb.google.com/roysphoto/?pli=1
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 2:02 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
rhermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Antwerp - Belgium
Posts: 3,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robar View Post
just ordered the 48led.
we'll see if something comes from it..
I'll be waiting for the results

Ronny
__________________
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:14 PM.