Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:21 AM   #11

I tend to use AV mode and set the menu settings to -1 saturation , +2 sharpness and +1 contrast. These settings give a slightly sharper image.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:30 AM   #12

Thanks! This is more along the lines of what I was looking for to start out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
I tend to use AV mode and set the menu settings to -1 saturation , +2 sharpness and +1 contrast. These settings give a slightly sharper image.
LadyRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:59 AM   #13

Default PSE changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
This makes me wonder. If it seems I always end up changing the same sorts of things on my images and in the same direction, would I be better off just changing the settings in camera to change them. Then, on the few they weren't needed, use PSE to adjust them back.

I.e., I always have to pull the curves adjustment back from the right hand side, shadows is fine if I pull back to 0%, darken highlights, adjust midtone contrast just a nudge. Sometimes up the brightness overall and the contrast a little, then sharpen the image.

Or, are these things that are just always going to need to be done to digital images?

By the way, LadyRo, I pretty much always shoot in AV mode. I've recently set my exposure to +1 as standard.
Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 1:23 PM   #14

You can extend the usefulness of your 18-55 lens with stitching panoramas. Stitching software is available free on the web. What you want to do is to take pictures (with 20-30% overlap) as panels and "scotch tape" them together with your PC. Just providing ideas - don't want to see you get bored!!!

There is also a forum for that here on Steves"s

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...-stitching-65/
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote