Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:44 PM   #1

Default First Pics from K10D

Well, I finally got to go out and take a few pictures! These were lightly edited and resized for posting here. I was really uncomfortable from the humidity, so I just snapped some shots and headed back to the house and A/C as soon as I could without paying any attention to composition. I'm going to read the Lantern Guide a little more, tonight, and hopefully have some much better photos to upload over the weekend. Be gentle, LOL.

Last edited by LadyRo; Jun 19, 2009 at 11:47 PM.
LadyRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:12 AM   #2

Very nicely done - exposure is fine and I really like the last one. The evening lighting on the fountain (I looked up Henry D. Cogswell on Wikipedia since I was curious what your subject was) is also very nice. And what's the BIG exhibit?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:49 AM   #3

G'Day from down-under and welcome, these are very nice first shots.
I like the BIG shot, it certainly has something to say.

Rodney.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 2:20 AM   #4

Thank you! I had to look up Cogswell, also, LOL. But, I did learn something, so that's always a good thing. The BIG Exhibit is an exhibit where they (the National Archives) are going to display certain documents and other things at their full sizes. Here is a link for more info. I didn't read much of it, I have to admit, because I'm really running out of steam quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Very nicely done - exposure is fine and I really like the last one. The evening lighting on the fountain (I looked up Henry D. Cogswell on Wikipedia since I was curious what your subject was) is also very nice. And what's the BIG exhibit?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 2:24 AM   #5

Thank you Rodney! I like the BIG shot because I like the juxtaposition of the "little" people under the big BIG Exhibit sign. When I was walking past and saw this scene, it made me giggle a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
G'Day from down-under and welcome, these are very nice first shots.
I like the BIG shot, it certainly has something to say.

Rodney.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 4:00 AM   #6

LadyRo,
Very nice starter pictures, and the only criticism I'd make (Mean't constructively) is that you seem to have a list to the right ... it shows in all shots, easily corrected in PP, but best avoided when you shoot, it happens with all of us on occasion, just a minor point to watch for. Enjoy the K10, and happy shooting. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:52 AM   #7

LadyRo,

Welcome!

Nice first shots. I echo Rodney and got a kick out of the BIG photo. Enjoy your new camera and keep posting those pictures.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:18 AM   #8

love the 2nd shot.. it gives the image some scale
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:20 PM   #9

good first series, really like nr2

Ronny
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:04 PM   #10

Hi Jack! Thanks for the input. I noticed the tilt to the right, too... I will definitely be mindful of that from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachol View Post
LadyRo,
Very nice starter pictures, and the only criticism I'd make (Mean't constructively) is that you seem to have a list to the right ... it shows in all shots, easily corrected in PP, but best avoided when you shoot, it happens with all of us on occasion, just a minor point to watch for. Enjoy the K10, and happy shooting. ... Jack.