Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:22 PM   #1

Default Parker River Wildlife Refuge

Well, the weather actually held up today and we had no rain. So, hubby and I headed out to Plum Island and the Parker River Wildlife Refuge (same place Lou/Keltech had taken his shots of the snowy egret).

I was trying to do a lot of experimenting with settings. And, realized I need to read the manual about how to do bracketing. I used to do it quite often with the K100, but for the life of me, couldn't figure it out today with the K20.

Anyway, below are a few taken and here's a link to some of the others. http://www.pbase.com/nhmom/parker_ri...ional_wildlife

Always open to any suggestions for improvement.

Patty

K20 mostly with Tamron 70-300, a few with Pentax 18-55 or 50mm
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:52 AM   #2

Patty enjoyed these shots and those at your pbase account.

Really like nr2, great use of negative space.

Ronny
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:45 AM   #3

Patty,

Great pictures of the Reserve. I see my Egret friend is still there eating away. Nice shots of the three swans in flight and the wildflowers. The beach shots and boardwalk's are also nicely done.

PRNWR is a magical place. We go there in all seasons as the bird life is so varied throughout the year.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:28 PM   #4

Thanks, Ronny and Lou. I wish the bird on the fence had been clearer, but I was pretty far away and this image is cropped quite a bit. If you got too close they flew away. I should have had the tripod, but had left it in the car.

Yep, we had seen the egret when we got on the island, but hubby wanted to go out to Sandy Point first. By the time we got back to the entrance where he was, he was way out.

I'm open to suggestions for improvement. My goal this summer is to focus more on what my settings are and taking my time. Although, I found that hard to do yesterday with the "moving" subjects. Really should have tried with solid things.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote