Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bock1965 View Post
robar , thats how I feel too. Now it would be great to be able to get super close to every subject . but alas sadly it is not possible. thats one reaso I am hoping to get a k20 or k7 in the next few months. bock
bock,
that's why i think and use off camera flash.. with a dedicated P-TTL, you don't have to worry about Ev.. the camera takes care of the lighting..
unfortunately my sigma 500s is being reschipped right now..
no worries except focusing.
get the eyes or delete it.
you're just wasting space on the hdd..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:39 AM   #12

Just keep playing Roy, I like them especially the first one.

Ronny
Old Jun 24, 2009, 3:33 PM   #13

i edited these on an old dell flat screen.
how is the WB on them?? also too dark?? too light??
Old Jun 24, 2009, 5:11 PM   #14

WB, not to dark or to light. Only there a some blown outs areas but that is something that can be expected with the onboard flash.
Tried to adjust a copy of them but can't find any improvement.

Ronny
Old Jun 24, 2009, 5:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhermans View Post
WB, not to dark or to light. Only there a some blown outs areas but that is something that can be expected with the onboard flash.
Tried to adjust a copy of them but can't find any improvement.

Ronny
ronny,
that's the post i wanted to hear.. maybe i've got this calibrated. this one done by eye and my 5year old spyder stills works great on the CRT.. i like PPing on it better..
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:26 PM   #16

They look good on my home monitor, too. I originally had a Huey and it couldn't deal with laptop monitors at all. I switched to a Spyder and it doesn't have trouble with either one of them. I was impressed and have much more confidence now.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 7:36 AM   #17

Nice, Roy. Look at the hairs on that fly!

bock1965 - my opinion on PP that I try to stick to is if you could do it in the darkroom, why can't you do it on the computer. Cropping, lightening/darkening, etc. I don't agree with changing the composition of an original image, that sort of thing. Just my opinion.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bock1965 View Post
cool bugs! Speaking of cropping I have a question. Why is it that cropping to create an image is sometimes seen by photogs as being taboo, especialy when the image is a macro or telephoto? I find that some of my most creative moments come after the capture. It seems to me that as resolution increases so does the artistic opportunities. Such as reshaping a decent capture into a really neat picture. I do understand about the mechanics of the digital image concerning image file size and and print size. I am merely thinking from a creative and artistic standpoint. Actually I believe that creative cropping is an art in itself. Anyway just my thoughts. bock1965
I feel that as long as you are not moving pixels around, or creating new ones most is allowed.
The only exception for me is when stacking images.
Suppose you are shooting a scene and someone is walking thru the frame and you shoot 2 pictures and combine them to make 1 without that person. The same idea when combining macro shot's to get a better dof.

But that's just my idea about it
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:41 AM   #19

Eisenstaedt , Smith, and Adams are i guess my favorites.. ALL did heavy PP in the darkroom.. i see nothing you do too get what you want is wrong.. i use to paint(not houses) and i see photography as the same..PP until you get WHAT YOU want.. some will disagree but who am i to say
Old Jun 28, 2009, 7:17 PM   #20

Roy - some nice sharp images of some nice little bugs!
I use "bug" pictures mostly for teaching tools, so will do whatever PP is required to make them as visible and visually pleasing as possible. But I try not to alter the image so much that the critter no longer looks as it did "in the field."
mole is offline   Reply With Quote