Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by robar View Post
all i know..
I'm glad i live in the United States..
the only animosity against the gov was back in the Vietnam War era.. i had 2 friends die and i went to jail 3 times for very passive marches..
well,?, maybe not passive in the eyes of others..
i helped renovate the place where all marches started a few years ago.. there were people that came in and just the look on their faces told the story that they also were here 30+ years ago
at the opening there was a young cop and an old cop.. i asked how long he'd been on the force.. answer was 32 years .. my reply was that we had given you guys he!! 30 years.. no sh!t!!
the younger guy asked why.. olded guy answers that this was hippie hollow then and that all the war protests started here and ended here.. man, i have some stories!!!! you would not believe some of them..

hope you get what you want!!! truly
we did!!!

Thank you for your heartily feedback with the demonstrative anectode! And glad to meet an activist, btw: )There are, indeed, bone headeds, boulevard press readers, in every society experiencing 'boiling frog syndrome' that would mock at the activities of those who have to think on behalf of them also! Sadly, in these route no success goes unpunished...May people live in their countries gladly as you do. My brother in law Benjamin had come from States to Turkey the year before thinking it was not the States he used to know anymore...Don't get me wrong, I see you fought for it when the time came and therefore richly deserve your contentment. But some people are also glad to be in US for different reasons; Fettullah, or 'the awaiting Ayetullah', for example, who is organising the growth of religious schools and religious mind in major institutions of the 'target countries' ; ) After all, we're living in the era of 'post modern' putting forward 'glocalism' and constantly striving to benefit from what modernism had ignored before it. Even under such circumstances, I'm also glad that I still live in a society which hasn't turned out to be schizoid one which would remain unresponsive even to the obviously seen...

Last edited by bahadir; Jun 23, 2009 at 12:05 PM.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Great pictures...could be of historical significance. Do you ever get any hassles by the demonstrators or police for taking pictures ?
I feel rewarded by your kind appreciation : ) Oh, no hassle, nothing of that sort. It all took place in a fastive mood expected of grandchildren of Homeros! Actually, I barely remember the presence police power. LOL! I, myself appeared as one of the demonstrators with a red cloak of flag and black bandana, armed with a DSLR
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
I love that even the little ones can protest in safety. Great Photos.

Rodney.
Thank you so much! Actually I could only post half of my series above due to the 12 images limit in one post. I appreciate the good point you mention! After all, didn't we borrow the world from our children ? So, we do care about the happiness and the freedom of speech of the little ones here...Symbolically, ever 23rd of April, on the children's day which is a public holiday for festivals, the President, prime minister, governers, etc. give their sit to children on that day : )
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Boy you are busy with these protests lately arkadas, is this one of those "Come And Take" again, very nice shots again hope things work out for you,
btw i just sold my K20D and waiting for the K-7 to be released
Happy to see you, arkadas! You know 'who drinks will drink again' Yes, you're right my friend; yet another 'Come and Take' to the losers ...and I see you're also busy with upgrading! Hope you sold it to someone you know to able to provide us the comperative pictures as you did with your canon 40D and the pentax K20D!

Quote:
...but i don't believe for a second that terrorists got on those planes with weapons not with the security the States has in airports.
As they say... ' if there's any doubt, there's no doubt' ; )
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:43 PM   #15

I'm a real follower of John Lennon's song(?) ''imagine''. he pretty much sums it up..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by robar View Post
I'm a real follower of John Lennon's song(?) ''imagine''. he pretty much sums it up..
Oh, here, I should also add my admiration for the novels by Jack Kerouac, especially two of which, 'Dharma Bums' and 'On the Road', have influenced me deeply since my early college years : )
Cheers!
Bahadir

PS. The motto at the bottom of your posts doesn't go unnoticed btw, which I heartily agree...
Old Jun 23, 2009, 4:57 PM   #17

I'm with you and your fellow protesters, Bahadir. The EU has it's pros and cons, but I'm one who fullhearteadly would welcome Turkey as a member. For Spain, Greece and Portugal membership has proven a good antidote against authoritarian backlashes.
And oh - good pictures!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 7:33 PM   #18

Jack Kerouac, ''on the road'' ... still have my cppy..
how about Tom Wolfe and The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test ??
Ken Kesey and his band of Merry Pranksters
Gretchen Fetchen was my favorite..
there's also ''Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance''
i think i took part in all of them..
there's a saying ''if you remember the '70s, then you weren't there.''
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybianca View Post
I'm with you and your fellow protesters, Bahadir. The EU has it's pros and cons, but I'm one who fullhearteadly would welcome Turkey as a member. For Spain, Greece and Portugal membership has proven a good antidote against authoritarian backlashes.
And oh - good pictures!Kjell
That's been an incentive response : ) Actually, as Helmut Ulhic also put it in his archological book 'Die Mutter Europas' Anatolia is certainly the mother of Europe and therefore I believe there should be no other league for Turkey to play in other than EU! However, I feel pity on those who consider the EU as a liberator or a financial supporter through the membership procedure. My concerns are far beyond these regarding the EU, more related with the philosophy of Humanism. Sadly the present political party in power is trying to take advantage from this membership procedure in an unprecented way so as to realise their hidden agenda of counter revolution against the foundations of the independant, social, modern and secular republic fullfilling the principles of Atatürk. I don't believe those who fear from pouring wine in their goblets, the honorary product of Anatolia since 6 millenia ago, can sincerely wish to participate the EU! On the other hand the EU is acting quite unconsistent! When the the Supreme Court declared that the party in power was found guilty of being centre of retrogadational movements, and was likely to be abolished, the EU openly supported the party!! Now, while many opponents of this party; professors, even some rectors, newspaper columnists and intellectuals (enough to establish a university!) are being kept in prison awaiting their judgement day for months due to the suspect of being members of a fancy terrorist organisation called 'ergenekon' , now the brave EU is silenced, even bringing mind the likelihood of some scheme !
Thank you again for your kind interest...
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:43 AM   #20

@Robar: The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test is a very nice 'cross country' complementary book suggestion comparable to 'On the Road'! Ah, like you think you took part in all of them including also Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance,
I also think of 'Dharma Bums' and my possible alternative life there whenever I see a fire observatory cottage in the mountains...I was already an occasional Zazen practicer when I met those works, and now still is but mentally only during my commute as you can see:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/la...here-i-go.html