Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:44 PM   #1

Default Big Protest in Izmir

Yesterday I was at the meeting held against the political party in power: AKP, which had been found guilty as the centre of retrogadational movements and given penalty by the Supreme Court, and then received a severe defeat at the latest municipal elections in my hometown Izmir!
The flags were brought aginst their anti-laisist hidden agenda of undermining the republic! I both participated and shot...

Below are other meetings held in Izmir against the very political party within the past two years:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/la...r-meeting.html (1.5 million people gathered!)

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pe...stice-all.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pe...nce-again.html

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2009, 8:03 PM   #2

all i know..
I'm glad i live in the United States..
the only animosity against the gov was back in the Vietnam War era.. i had 2 friends die and i went to jail 3 times for very passive marches..
well,?, maybe not passive in the eyes of others..
i helped renovate the place where all marches started a few years ago.. there were people that came in and just the look on their faces told the story that they also were here 30+ years ago
at the opening there was a young cop and an old cop.. i asked how long he'd been on the force.. answer was 32 years .. my reply was that we had given you guys he!! 30 years.. no sh!t!!
the younger guy asked why.. olded guy answers that this was hippie hollow then and that all the war protests started here and ended here.. man, i have some stories!!!! you would not believe some of them..

hope you get what you want!!! truly
we did!!!
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:46 PM   #3

Great pictures...could be of historical significance. Do you ever get any hassles by the demonstrators or police for taking pictures ?
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 3:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Great pictures...could be of historical significance.?
i've got 12 hours of 911 on tape, almost from the very beginning
Old Jun 23, 2009, 5:22 AM   #5

I love that even the little ones can protest in safety. Great Photos.

Rodney.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 5:45 AM   #6

Boy you are busy with these protests lately arkadas, is this one of those "Come And Take" again, very nice shots again hope things work out for you,
btw i just sold my K20D and waiting for the K-7 to be released
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2009, 5:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robar View Post
i've got 12 hours of 911 on tape, almost from the very beginning
You know Robar i was sitting in my Restaurant in Washington State when i heard the news and my jaw dropped to the ground it must of been the worst thing that happened in the US, but i don't believe for a second that terrorists got on those planes with weapons not with the security the States has in airports.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
You know Robar i was sitting in my Restaurant in Washington State when i heard the news and my jaw dropped to the ground it must of been the worst thing that happened in the US, but i don't believe for a second that terrorists got on those planes with weapons not with the security the States has in airports.
you're dead wrong(pun not intended)
i use to fly all the time an carried a multi tool all the time.. i've also carried knives and seen others with knife sheafs all the time.
there was no problem.. i always wondered why i and others were allowed to carry these as if they were not weapons.
i went thru the metal detector 3 times once in 2000 with a new gerber knife on my belt.. after finding the problem i went straight thru after i let the knife go thru the xray. from all i've heard and read these people carried only utility knives.. what would you do if some person jumped up and slit the throat of a stewardess and told you that the plane was in their control ??
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
maybe it's different in Greece
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:59 AM   #10

Quote:
you're dead wrong(pun not intended)
i use to fly all the time an carried a multi tool all the time.. i've also carried knives and seen others with knife sheafs all the time.
there was no problem.. i always wondered why i and others were allowed to carry these as if they were not weapons.
i went thru the metal detector 3 times once in 2000 with a new gerber knife on my belt.. after finding the problem i went straight thru after i let the knife go thru the xray. from all i've heard and read these people carried only utility knives.. what would you do if some person jumped up and slit the throat of a stewardess and told you that the plane was in their control ??
I was born and raised in the US with Greek parents from here, and every time i would go thru the metal detectors i would have to take my coins out of my pockets and pass again also the x-rays they see exactly whats in your bags (sir can you take your USB devices out please)
so how you got on board with knives and stuff beats me what airport was this at?
what would i do if that happened in front of me, well i am going to die anyway so something would have to be done, but how many hijackers were on the plane 4 don't tell me that 100 grown men on board the plane can't do anything they would have been chop suey.

Quote:
maybe it's different in Greece
No they have very good security as the States