Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 25, 2009, 1:30 PM   #1

Default Day at the Museum

Here are a few of my favorite pics from my first official outing with my K10D. I spent a couple of hours at the National Museum of Natural History, of the Smithsonian Institution. I'm going to have to make another trip, because I still didn't see everything. The place is HUGE and has just sooo much to see - all for FREE!

Ibn Battuta quote

Boy in Cellar

Elephant in Rotunda

The Washington Monument
LadyRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2009, 3:24 PM   #2

Great series, I'm having problems deciding if the Washington Monument or the Elephant is the best.

Ronny
Old Jun 25, 2009, 3:43 PM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Great images...the picture of the monument is beautiful! I visited DC (including the Museum of Natural History) on the weekend of 6/12 and am sorting through the images prior to posting..hopefully by this weekend!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:11 PM   #4

Hey Lady Ro,
I believe you mentioned in a previous post that this is your first DSLR camera? OK, I'll take your word for that but, you'd have a hard time convincing me that you don't know your way around a camera!

really nice pix.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 9:39 PM   #5

Very nice, LadyRo. I really like the one of the Washington Monument.

I've only been to DC once. Hubby used to live there, so never wants to go near the place when we are in the area. Some day I'll have to go without him!

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:06 PM   #6

A really nice series.....all are well composed and lit. Good work.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:54 PM   #7

More nice pictures! The interior pictures are awesome as is the Washington Monument. I can't decide which I like the best, probably the elephant, but really all of them are nice. I'm also envious that you have such an interesting place to go for pictures! I really want to visit D.C. - perhaps when we retire we'll manage to get to that side of the country again.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2009, 2:09 PM   #8

Thanks, Ronny! I don't know which of those two are my favorite from that series, either, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhermans View Post
Great series, I'm having problems deciding if the Washington Monument or the Elephant is the best.

Ronny
Old Jun 26, 2009, 2:11 PM   #9

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing your pictures! Wasn't the museum HUGE, with lots to see? I'm going to have to make a second visit to get through the galleries I didn't get to - and I was there for about 2 hours before closing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Great images...the picture of the monument is beautiful! I visited DC (including the Museum of Natural History) on the weekend of 6/12 and am sorting through the images prior to posting..hopefully by this weekend!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 2:26 PM   #10

LOL, thanks so much Goldwinger! But, it's true... this is my first DSLR, and only my second real camera. I had a Lumix FZ18 for a year that I only used in IntelligentAuto mode, and I sold it and put the proceeds toward the K10D. Along with these pics, some of the pics I took with the FZ18 are on my blog (look for Photos in the menu) and Flickr account. I want to take photography classes, but I think for cost's sake I might just buy some recommended books, instead.

I really don't know well the technical stuff when it comes to photography: apertures, ISO, bright lenses, etc... I just learned what a prime lens was, and the difference between a zoom and telephoto lens, within the last week! My fundamentals are still rudimentary, so I make adjustments within my limited knowledge, say a little silent prayer, and shoot away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Hey Lady Ro,
I believe you mentioned in a previous post that this is your first DSLR camera? OK, I'll take your word for that but, you'd have a hard time convincing me that you don't know your way around a camera!

really nice pix.