Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 26, 2009, 9:32 PM   #1

Default Lightroom & ACR Updates

Adobe has just released a new version of ACR and updated Lightroom. A very big surprise - the new version supports the K-7! I remember waiting for what seemed ages before ACR supported the K10. I didn't mind the K20 delay as I shoot DNG.

I updated both programs today, even though I haven't pre-ordered the K-7. Just want to keep things up to date, be tidy about things. And just in case I order one sooner, rather than later...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:19 AM   #2

Harriet,

I see you being the first to order the K7. Now that you're all prepared.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2009, 11:30 PM   #3

I'm probably not going to be the first one here to get one - I think I'm going to wait until the end of August. I want to see what turns up with the first cameras. In some ways I'm trying to decide how much I need the camera (not), what features I feel a need for (several) and wanting to see just how much of a gain (or not) in image quality the camera has. Besides, we have a vacation planned at the end of September and while I'd love to have the new camera for the vacation, I also need to make sure we have enough in the coffers to cover our expenses.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:05 AM   #4

I pre-ordered the K-7 from the Pentax webstore. It's good to know that I'll be able to read PEFs right out of the box with Lightroom and Photoshop (though I'll most likely just save to DNG anyway). Was always a minor inconvenience when we'd have to wait for Adobe and Apple to update their RAW converters to support the new models. This seems to be a first though. I hope Adobe keeps this trend going!

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:04 AM   #5

Jason - I'm excited that you pre-ordered since I always love your shots! You'll have to post lots of examples.

- Harriet