Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 27, 2009, 6:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Nice image of the corner! The sharpness and color saturation really works well.
I was intrigued though by the PP replacement of the traffic light (Image 1) with the street light (Image 2). Are you given the artistic latitude to change the landscape (so-to-speak)?
Thanks jelpee,
Yes, a little latitude for removing some things that defeat the purpose of the photo. I was a little concerned that my tricked out lamp post looked out of proportion with the others but, when I get my wide angle shot I think I can remove pole completely, I hope.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2009, 7:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuya View Post
i like what you have done to the picture, i may be wrong because nobodys mentioned it, but to me it looks like it needs rotating about 1/2 a degree counter clockwise to straighten it up.
You may be right Dave,
If you look real close between the two photos, you'll notice I did a bit of perspective correction and then I got in a hurry and overlooked the rotation.

Thanks for the input.

Old Jun 27, 2009, 7:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojansoc View Post
GW. I like what you and Rodney both have done. I'm assuming you replaced the traffic signage pole with a second light because the pole was at a position it was hard to get a natural cloning on the sharp edge where the buildings meet. Depending on what the client wants, it may be desirable to leave the people and the cars in the photo, particularly if they are wanting to show the corner as an essential part of a living downtown area. Rodney has done an excellent job of removing the people, but I have a little problem with the removal of the grey pickup truck at the left. His fill makes the storefront look boarded up. It may very well be, but it is not the type of message a Main Street project would want to convey.

Overall, though, very nice work by both of you.

Paul

Thank you Paul,
You're exactly correct, if I can get the shot I want, I'll remove the signal altogether!

Old Jun 27, 2009, 7:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bock1965 View Post
The fix of the cafe sign in great. If the image at top was the only source material for the cloning the this is truly a well cloned image. Again, great job!
Well Bock,
Wish I could say I reproduced the sign from the first image but, I knew this would be a problem so I stood in the middle of the street with my 28mm and got a shot from a slightly different angle and extracted, resized and pasted. Now you know I cheated but, don't tell anyone!

Old Jun 27, 2009, 7:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
Very good job of clonning out the traffic lights A relief for the drivers, as well as the observers imo Rodney performed like David Copperfield actually : ) Yet I too think the town needs some life, especially people. Thus I'd only clone out the car on the right, which, I think, might be more distracting than complimenting. I also think you might like to benefit the three dimensional feel of hdr for architectural pictures, which is also good for the sky.

I like it!
nice job, I'm going to have to spend some time learning to do that. My attempts so far have been total failures.

PS. I was thinking of taking this photo to court with me to fight that ticket... I don't know what red light that officer was talking about your honor...

Last edited by Goldwinger; Jun 27, 2009 at 7:23 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 7:53 PM   #16

[quote]Thus I'd only clone out the car on the right, which, I think, might be more distracting than complimenting.[quote]

The car on the right does lend some balance to the shot, but since it is waiting for the red light to change, and is not on the curb, if the light goes, the car has to also - unless, of course, you move it to the curb. . . .
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:30 AM   #17

[QUOTE=penolta;980311][quote]Thus I'd only clone out the car on the right, which, I think, might be more distracting than complimenting.
Quote:

The car on the right does lend some balance to the shot, but since it is waiting for the red light to change, and is not on the curb, if the light goes, the car has to also - unless, of course, you move it to the curb. . . .
Good point! One should certainly consider composition before any act. Still, I had thought there was already the smaller and bigger light poles on either side of the corner to attain the balance (after clonning out the traffic lights) Hey, besides I don't think the black car blocking the space can go well with Feng Shui
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2009, 7:53 PM   #18

Hey Pen,
I guess I could park the car at the curb but, I'm just wondering why it couldn't just be a car coming through the intersection rather than a car sitting at the red light?

Old Jun 28, 2009, 7:57 PM   #19

Because there is no stop sign - an accident waiting to happen!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2009, 8:37 PM   #20

Hi GW,

What is stooping you from taking the same shot at a busier time and turn in both of the shots (theirs and yours).

At that time of day you could use the kit lens to get a wider shot.
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote