Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 30, 2009, 5:50 PM   #11

So, I don't lose my place, I went to this page http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ and went through the tests.

BB2 - I tried the page you suggested and had to set the contrast all the way down to 0 to be able to see any difference in the white on the side. And, even then, barely a difference. I did notice in doing the test above that I had the same problem whenever I had to adjust contrast.

Can anyone help me understand what that might mean? Having done all these changes I do see now that these images appear darker than they did to me before. Although, my eyes are going batty having gone through all the tests on the second one, too.

I'll come back and adjust photos to these settings after I get dinner made and repost.

Patty

p.s. In case it makes any difference, we have a Samsung 913T monitor.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 6:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Went to check out a library gallery I'll be allowed to hang my photos in September
Patty
these are great.. can i make a suggestion tho??
upgrade to at least a 13x19'' printer.. you will not believe the difference you will get.. remember tho that you'll have face another learning curve..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:22 PM   #13

Default warning - more photos added

Just wiped out my whole message. So, starting again.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. And, thanks for letting me know about my monitor. (Now I hope I haven't adjusted it too far the other way.)

Roy - I have thought of getting a printer that prints larger sizes. As a matter of fact, one of the photos I want to put up in the library I think might be better as larger than 8x10. I've been off and on wanting to get a new photo printer. The larger format is one of the reasons I've been delaying. I keep thinking if I want that large a print, I'll just have it printed somewhere.

GW - I wanted to tell her something like that. She was being very snotty about us being there. Stating it was private property even though there were no signs anywhere. And, my aunt says she helped to save that land from becoming a development and the owner had told her she could go there whenever she wanted.

Thanks again for the compliments. I'm glad you liked them.

Patty
Attached Images

Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:48 PM   #14

Those last three look much better, they don't look as dark. However, I'm not sure that it helps the cat picture - what I might suggest with that one is leave the fur dark, but lighten just the eye a bit. Lightening the whole picture draws my eye away from the beautiful eye, more toward the lighter fur.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:03 AM   #15

Thanks, Harriet. Yes, I did go back and forth with Coquette's image. Trying to find a half way medium. I hadn't thought of selecting a part and just lightening it at that point. Some day I'll remember all the details.

Patty