Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 2, 2009, 3:11 AM   #1

Default Re-installing Pentax Software

Some time back I deleted Pentax Photo Browser and Pentax Photo Laboratory which came with the Pentax K10D.
The Photo Lab had never worked properly and with Photoshop Elements, Noise Ninja and a few other free programmes I felt I had sufficient.
Have tried to re-install Pentax Programmes using a new disc but in both instances message comes up already installed so I can't take it any further.
It still shows up in Programme files even though I've deleted it several times.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers: Ian Mc
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:24 AM   #2

did you remove it through the control panel, add remove programs?
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:18 AM   #3

If you have Vista goto Control Panel and in upper right corner (search) type in Unistall and look for unistall programs.... see if the Pentax software shows up. If you have XP then goto Control and click on add/remove programs. When you say "deleted" did you delete the short cuts on desk top, or file folders, or actually Uninstall via unistall ext? If you deleted the file folders... that it gets a bit harder to fix.... if you have access to another computer, running same version OS, SOMETIMES you can install the software on there, copy the folders and save them say on a thumb drive, then paste in the same directory you found those files in. If that doesn't work then you have to clean out the registry and that gets very tricky.
h7edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 7:00 PM   #4

Default Re-installing Pentax Software

Thanks Gumnut & h7edge.
Yes I deleted using add/remove in Control Panel.
The idea about using another computer Might be worth a try.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 6:51 AM   #5

Right now I am using Windows 7 x64 but, when I got my camera I had Vista x86 and the software that came with the camera did not work with Vista at all. Since I have PS 3 and now 4 I never needed it anyway. I dont know what OS your using but if you really need the pentax software Microsoft offers Virtual PC with XP mode which will allow you to run "older" software. The funny thing is when I was looking into it the person was demostrating the VPC in XP Mode with Pentax Software lol.

Ahhh I missed this.... QUOTE "It still shows up in Programme files even though I've deleted it several times."
It does sound like your using Vista and more than most likely the software will not work. If you want to get it out of your prog list you will have to remove it from registry. Its not that hard and if your intrested PM me and I will find a link that shows you how. I saw your post in Pentax forums.. Revo and progs like that one wont work because of where the registry lines resides. The registry is the very reason why PC's get "slow" over time lol especially if you istall and uninstall lots of programs over time.

Last edited by h7edge; Jul 3, 2009 at 7:04 AM.
h7edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:37 PM   #6

Cheers h7edge.
I'll keep your kind offer in mind.