Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:42 PM   #1

Default EXIF in Pentax Browser

I can't get to the bottom of this. I thought when I used to take photos in RAW with my K100 that when I opened the image in the Pentax Browser it showed the EXIF data at the bottom.

Recently I'd been noticing I don't see it. Thought at first it was because I hadn't used the Pentax lens. But, I'm noticing that even when I used the Pentax lens it doesn't show.

It seems every image I've taken with the K20 nothing shows. But, jpg's taken with the K20 it does show. The data is in the file as photos I've taken in RAW, converted to jpg and uploaded to pbase are showing the data on the webpage. It just doesn't show in Pentax Browser.

Does this sound right to anyone?

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:56 PM   #2

Also, anyone else having problems with the Pentax site? I tried to go there to see if there is maybe an updated version of the browser and can't get to the page that has it.

I don't know if this might have anything to do with it, but I know some others that have been having problems with the new IE8.0 browser. I did upgrade to it a while back. Hadn't noticed I'd been having any of the problems others were with it. Some with running programs (genealogy) and some with viewing web pages.

Patty
Old Jul 5, 2009, 3:27 PM   #3

It must be their problem, not yours. I tried to look at the firmware updates the other day and the page wouldn't load for me either - and I use a Mac. The page(s) may have been taken down for revision, or they may have some other problem. You can try Pentax Canada or any other of the Pentax sites as well.

Last edited by penolta; Jul 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2009, 7:49 PM   #4

Thanks, Penolta. I didn't realize there were other Pentax sites. I've now downloaded ver 3.61 and all is well. I had ver 3.12 on my laptop and 3.61 on my desktop. That explains why sometimes I was having the problem and sometimes not. Not really realizing it was because I was on a different computer when it happened.

Patty
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:10 PM   #5

being on different machines makes a big difference..
IE8 ??? i had a big prob with it.. i don't like it which is another prob i have with Vista
robar is offline   Reply With Quote