Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:12 PM   #1

Default K 7

Just got email with tracking number for my pre-ordered K 7. This is the first time I have bought a camera before a price drop, just some features I was looking for made me pull the trigger.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooked View Post
Just got email with tracking number for my pre-ordered K 7. This is the first time I have bought a camera before a price drop, just some features I was looking for made me pull the trigger.

Ed
I think I hate you!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:47 PM   #3

Quote:
This is the first time I have bought a camera before a price drop, just some features I was looking for made me pull the trigger.Ed
that's great!!
that means the k20 will go down more. not that it will hurt me anyway i paid half price on the k20d recently..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:59 PM   #4

At noon I saw B&H had the K7 listed as "in stock". This evening its back to "accepting orders". I can't wait to read what you think about the camera and see your pictures!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:57 AM   #5

Congratulations, Ed. We all await your impressions. It's one thing to read the thoughts of professional reviewers, something else entirely when it's coming from someone with whose work you're familiar.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:14 AM   #6

Hi Ed,

Congrats!!! Looks like you might be the first on this forum. I'll be looking forward to your impressions before I pull the trigger. . .

. . . who am I kidding? -- I'll order one (already transferred the funds into my checking acct), I just want to hear from a few respected "known quantity" forum sources before I actually take the plunge. Pretty much all I've heard is from landscape shooters who don't share any common priorities with the way I tend to shoot. I haven't seen any reports from bird or nature shooters, but that's understandable since there aren't that many of us shooting Pentax.

I'm already sold by any improvement in AF speed, the more responsive shutter, and the higher res LCD. The improved fps might make some difference too, but it's not at the top of my priority list. These are the only areas where I've been pushing the K20 to its limits. Any other improvements would be just gravy for my use.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
Hi Ed,

I'm already sold by any improvement in AF speed, the more responsive shutter, and the higher res LCD. The improved fps might make some difference too, but it's not at the top of my priority list. These are the only areas where I've been pushing the K20 to its limits. Any other improvements would be just gravy for my use.

Scott
I agree with the fps not being as important, when I hold the shutter for continuous I find 80% of the time the first shot is the best. I do better re-composing and releasing the shutter again, gives more cosistant results and is faster then many may think.

The quieter shutter and the items you mentioned are more important to me.

Got update from UPS, due date is July 9.

Ed
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:26 AM   #8

Ed,

I am anxiously waiting to see some of your nature pictures with the K7. I am looking to upgrade and will wait until more is known of the performance and let the price drop a little.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:38 AM   #9
Administrator

Congrats!
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2009, 2:20 PM   #10

Quote:

Ed
Got it! Now the battery is charging.

Ed