Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
Amazing history, thanks for sharing your wonderful shots.

Rodney
Thank you! I once read it somewhere as the third law of archeology that the future is immutable, the past is always changing...Actually it is rather a living history there, since the cult of Artemis still exists Below is a scale model of Temple of Artemis in Ephesus whose actual dimentions were 80m(260ft)x130m(430ft) with columns of 20m(60ft), completed in 550BC. sponsored by the Lydian king Croesus.
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 9:27 AM   #12

Nicely photographed Bahadir.
cheers
bb2
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:32 PM   #13

Very nice shots my friend
Artemis known as a fierce hunter as well as protector, and one of the major Greek goddesses.
Right now i am in Seattle and decided to hop on a computer here at my home, boy it sure likes to rain out here lol
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Very nice shots my friend
Artemis known as a fierce hunter as well as protector, and one of the major Greek goddesses.
Right now i am in Seattle and decided to hop on a computer here at my home, boy it sure likes to rain out here lol
So, you may have already missed the climate we shared here Well, hoping on a computer to log in Steve's you proved to be a good crew my friend!
As for Artemis, she had quite a double identity in Greek peninsula and in Anatolia and therefore assumed quite different roles as well. Your correct explanation about her being a fierce hunter as well as protector, and one of the major Greek goddesses comfirms what I wrote above about her being a deity (however remarkable she could be) of a male dominated pantheon in Greece (LOL! consider the rebellion of Hera), whereas she served as the chief deity and queen bee over here in Ephesus following the Mother Goddess and Kybele tradition, which is also distinct in her incompatible representations, I mean, her multi breasted (or whatever they are in fact!!!) representation was unique in the ancient world. Actually, these matters goes way back well before antiquity when the tribes from the north brought with them their 'father gods' to the hot beds of civilization in the mediterranian basin...Often sounding a confused and confusing period but surely an exciting one! The fact remains, hers is rather a story rather than history, which goes on...
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachboy2 View Post
Nicely photographed Bahadir.
cheers
bb2
Happy to read your positive feedback!