Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 11, 2009, 9:51 PM   #11

Ed,

I like the pictures but as others have said I find them over saturated looking. The last one however is dynamite!

Do you find the LCD easier to see in daylight? I am unable to see mine well at all on the K100D. An improvement here would allow me to know in the field if the shot is good or bad. Now without shade I can't see what I have taken until I get home and then it's too late to do anything about it.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2009, 11:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Ed,

Do you find the LCD easier to see in daylight? I am unable to see mine well at all on the K100D. An improvement here would allow me to know in the field if the shot is good or bad. Now without shade I can't see what I have taken until I get home and then it's too late to do anything about it.

Lou
Hi Lou,

The K7 LCD (which I should be able to experience in person next week) has much higher resolution (930k dpm as opposed to 230k) which (for me) should be very good because I 'm always chimping to try to see how badly I've mangled the exposure. . . or if I might need a higher shutter speed. . . or maybe I need to adjust focus a tad -- all before the bird decides it's been patient enough with me and now needs to get on with its life. I've found that even the K20's LCD doesn't show enough detail for me to be able to judge focus. . . But I actually wanted to make another point --

Take a look at the Hoodman 3.0 Hoodloupe. I recently bought one and it's easily the best chimping tool out there -- it's got a diopter adjustment, so should adjust to just about anyone's vision, and the opaque skirt blocks out all extraneous light. It is a bit pricey, but IMO nicely made and worth it as well as being pretty unique. I looked around quite a bit before buying it and couldn't find anything else remotely like it. I never go out to shoot without it anymore.

http://hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1017

BTW, the Cinima strap is silly -- especially for $20 -- two heavy duty rubber bands, looped around themselves on the existing o-ring will serve the same purpose at no cost. This would be great for those who want to use liveview, the K7's video, or the K20's 21fps burst mode.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2009, 8:09 AM   #13

Scott

Congrat for the new body. You need at least 5 bags for your gears. If you feel lighten up your load I will help
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2009, 8:46 AM   #14

Default Lcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Ed,

I like the pictures but as others have said I find them over saturated looking. The last one however is dynamite!

Lou
The lcd is much sharper and easier to view in sunlight.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote