Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:45 AM   #11

Hi Ed,

Thanks for sharing these images - birds on hazy days are never easy to photograph!! Congrats on trying these shots in truly tough conditions!

I do have a question for you after looking through the EXIF - can you tell me why you chose the following:

Contrast = Hard
Sharpness = Hard

I am asking this because perhaps using a lesser setting than Hard might be of benefit in terms of the image colors? If the contrast setting was reduced a bit, perhaps that would help?

BTW, the last shot is great - not sure if anyone noticed the dragonfly passing by over the right wing (it's left)?

Thanks,
Marc

“The camera is only a tool: the image is the product of your mind and vision.”
Marc Langille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Langille View Post
Hi Ed,

Thanks for sharing these images - birds on hazy days are never easy to photograph!! Congrats on trying these shots in truly tough conditions!

I do have a question for you after looking through the EXIF - can you tell me why you chose the following:

Contrast = Hard
Sharpness = Hard

I am asking this because perhaps using a lesser setting than Hard might be of benefit in terms of the image colors? If the contrast setting was reduced a bit, perhaps that would help?

BTW, the last shot is great - not sure if anyone noticed the dragonfly passing by over the right wing (it's left)?

Thanks,
Marc
I did not notice that in the EXIF. On this shoot I left the camera on default settings it came with, Contrast and Sharpness are both +1 from center.

These photos were developed from DNG raw so the camera settinings should have no effect, if I used the extracted JPEG it would.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote