Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:11 AM   #11

Nice photos, Patty-

Congratulations on your 27th! Way to go! We just celebrated our 52nd.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Congrats on your 27th Patty... lets see... that means you only 12 when you got married!
I was almost 13!

Love ya, GW. You really know how to make someone feel good. Having just had another birthday last week, the years are adding up too quickly.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:37 AM   #13

Thanks, everyone. It was so nice to have a sunny day.

Lou - It would have been cool to go on the battleships, but we had only taken a wrong turn to end up there and I had asked for a bathroom break. My father-in-law was a vice admiral in the Navy and my husband has seen his lifetime's share of battleships he said. I'll have to go back sometime when we have company and take them.

Never heard of Water Fire. Will have to check that out. Sounds like it could be interesting photography site.

Jehan - Sounds like lots of July weddings. Congrats on yours, too. My birthday is on the first and my hubby wanted to get married I think the 4th was a Saturday that year. That's how we ended up on the 11th. The next weekend.

The first three were with the Pentax 18-55(1), the last three with the Tamron 70-300. A definite day I would have loved to have the 18-250. There were shots missed because I had the wrong lens on. I was surprised the bunny let me wait while I switched lenses.

Sarah Joyce - Wow! 52nd. That is a definite congratulations!

Patty

p.s. It must be my laptop monitor, as the flag image seems okay on my desktop now. That image is totally untouched as posted now. Just resized.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:39 PM   #14

A very nice series and it looks like you had a great time! We got married in July also, July 3rd so they celebrate with fireworks every year. It was our 28th this year - I get the impression we share a number of things in common.

Your pictures look fine on my computer at home, but not as good at work where the monitor isn't as good.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:29 AM   #15

Since there are so many young people in this forum who have been married nearly 30 years (or in my case, 34), a statistician might wonder about a positive correlation between Pentax ownership and exceptionally early marriages. Either that, or there are a couple of us who are older than dirt........

Really nice series of photos, Patty. I liked the pond shots best...really nice composition and colors.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:51 AM   #16

Thanks, Harriet and Paul. Yes, I think we do have a lot in common, Harriet. I passed right by your probable exit 4 times in May and wished I'd had time to get in touch with you to meet you.

Well, if there are others who were 12 when they got married, like me, then we do have a correlation here! Must be something about Pentax!

Patty
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:13 AM   #17

Patty - congratulations - and thanks for sharing some great photos. I especially enjoyed the composition on the pond and the water lilies. To add to your statistics, our 31st anniversary is this autumn, but we were much older than you when we married!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:22 AM   #18

Patty, I forgot to give you our statistics. Evie and I will have our 48th this September.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:55 PM   #19

Thanks, mole. That means a lot coming from you.

31 and 48 years. Boy, you guys must have been 3 when you were married! I can remember when I heard my "young" uncle was 36 years old. Man, that was ancient!

Patty
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:19 PM   #20

Hi Patty

Great pictures!! If i had to pick a Fav it Would be the Lily Pad.
Congrats on Your 27th. Guess What!! We just celebrated our 27th Anniversery on July 3rd.

Maybe we Should reserect the Age thread from A few years ago.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote