Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGal View Post
Hi Snooked!

Can I get your K20D? I am looking for one because I have lost my K10D (it flew out from a camera bag from a table height and hit the stone pavement) two weeks ago..what a pain! And I cannot get it repaired.. actually before to bring it to camera repair center it was working electronically.. I still could develop all the files shot before the incident. But when I got it back from them, it doesn't work at all.

So I am forced to get a camera upgrade. Unfortunately the K-7 is out of my reach and I cannot find any K10D for the reasonable price. K20D is my choice at the moment. I am looking for it in Italy and it is famous with unfriendly prices for any photo gear. And I have no idea whether it is ok to get anything from USA shipped to Italy.

Well.. I have let my pain out. Thanks for reading!

Otherwise the life is ok.. but it is no life without a Pentax..

Have a great day!

Irena
I currently have it listed on ebay with BG2 grip and four batteries. It is listed as only ship to USA, and will not allow bidders outside USA to bid, but if you are an ebay member I could allow your name to bid if interested.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 3:26 PM   #12

Sorry to hear about the K10 dying - I still haven't managed to equal those beach pictures you posted not long after you got it. You'll love the K20. I know that B&H ships internationally, but I'm not sure what that means for warranty and such things.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:39 PM   #13

Hi guys!
I have been checking B&H.. They have a great price of 629 USD.. and I just made myself sure that in Italy they just change USD to EUR and this is how you get the price here for photo stuff.. The lowest price I have found in Italy was exactly 629 EUR (without a mailing cost that can be around 15 EUR).. This is the B&H link:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...579585&Cis=REG

And moreover I have seen there also a used K10D. The link:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont....y=5&Go=submit

It seems that they ship to Italy for a reasonable price although I have never done this kind of purchase before and I have no idea if there might be any additional costs (customs fees etc.). That might end up to the price of 650 EUR that I can get here and right now. What a dilemma! And I know that this is the right moment to look for an upgrade, since a K-7 is out the price og K20D goes down a bit. And you cannot find a K10D anymore for sale, at least not in Europe. I have tried.

Awh.. I do miss my Pentax..

Well.. that's enough of crying.. Back to thinking.

Ed, Can you give me the link on ebay? I am a registered user although I haven't done any purchase myself yet. The ebay stuff is for my hubby.. He is better in this than me. I usually find the things that I need and he is the one to bid and purchase. I have got a few vintage lenses for K10D this way.

Thank you mtngal! K10D was a really great mate for my adventures and I didn't plan at all to be separated from it so fast (I have bought it last year in the end of February only). What a pity! Well.. now I can upgrade without feeling being a usual consumer that wants to get the latest model just for to have it.

I'll enclose a few photos of my girls from the last shots i did with K10D (with my new 'old' 28mm f2,8 Pentax lens:

Thank you for sharing! And thank you for having a look!
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:22 PM   #14

Ed, it is sad to see an old friend go. I'll probably dispose of my good K10 (now relegated to backup status for the K20) whenever I get the K7, but I will certainly hold on to the K20.

Digital Gal, welcome back - I wondered what had become of you.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:57 PM   #15

Hi penolta! Thank you for the welcome!

I can say that I am in a creative crisis.. ie. have to decide which way to take to concentrate on one or a few things in photography to get some improvement. One thing is clear, there must be people involved. This is why I have been silent..I didn't have anything to tell.. Although I have never been away from photographing. Until 3 weeks ago when the K10d has hit the stone pavement. It was such a pain! Only today i have started to talk about this, after i have got to know that I cannot get it repaired. This is my latest story..

But I have really missed you, guys.. Thank you!

PS. I do love portraits..

Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:10 PM   #16

Quote:
To lesmore49:

Here you can see the prices available for Pentax K-m in Italy:

http://www.ciao.it/Pentax_K_m__1185926 (ie. from EUR 395,00 to EUR 655,31 approx.)
I have never been considering K-m as a main camera although it is a really great one to bring everywhere as I can see from the size. I am into mf lenses though and moreover a K10D is just perfect for my hand. I don't like small cameras.

Thank you!
DigitalGal,

I use my KM as a secondary body and as you say it is a great carry around. I also like the K10D's size. My K10D has the battery grip and it fits my large hands rather well. I also like all the things a K10D can do...I like working all the settings.

Good luck on getting the camera right for you.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:54 AM   #17

Hi! For those who have read my sad story about loosing K10D.

I have got a new camera. It's a Pentax K20D! An upgrade I didn't want yet..

Have a great afternoon!

Irena
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:33 AM   #18

Congratulations - you will love it. It is a great camera. Don't forget to let us see some of your pictures.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:38 AM   #19
Administrator

Quote:

Congrats! At current prices, it's a bargain right now.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 4:01 PM   #20

Quote:

Have a great afternoon!

Irena
Great to hear, I think you will like it.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote