Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 12, 2009, 9:32 PM   #1

Default K20D Last Outing

Last weekend, the Fourth Of July, my younger son bought tickets for the family to go to the race weekend at Daytona. We saw NASCAR Nationwide and Sprint Cup Races and a Rolex Series sprts car race. The last race I attended in Daytona was on the Fourth Of July 1966.

This was my K20D's last outing. Used with Sigma 24 60mm f2.8 and DA 50 135mm.

Ed

1 - Wife and sons in front of track
2 - F15 flyover
3 - F15 leaving
4 - Line up for Sprint Cup Race
5 - Pit action, Sprint Cup
Attached Images

snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:29 PM   #2

Love the first fly-over picture! A very nice series and a fitting tribute to your camera. I'm keeping my K20, my husband may have sold the K100 (if he hasn't I'll try to convince him that I should keep it and get an IR filter for it).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:46 AM   #3

Great series, a nice finish for the K20.

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:42 AM   #4

Default K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Love the first fly-over picture! A very nice series and a fitting tribute to your camera. I'm keeping my K20, my husband may have sold the K100 (if he hasn't I'll try to convince him that I should keep it and get an IR filter for it).
I have decided to sell the K20D and keep the K m as back up. With the DA limiteds the K m will fit in a coat pocket and I like having a camera with the compact size. Someone will get a great K20D, will have BG2 Grip and four Batteries since they will not work with K 7 or K m.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:52 AM   #5

We all have to make choices that work for us. I can certainly see why you are keeping the KM over the K20 - I'm rather hoping that the person who's interested in the K100 backs out so I can keep all three cameras, silly as that seems. Hopefully whoever buys your K20 will love it and use it as well as you have.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 9:05 AM   #6

Nice tribute to the K20.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:08 PM   #7

Nice series Ed,

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:15 AM   #8

Hi Snooked!

Can I get your K20D? I am looking for one because I have lost my K10D (it flew out from a camera bag from a table height and hit the stone pavement) two weeks ago..what a pain! And I cannot get it repaired.. actually before to bring it to camera repair center it was working electronically.. I still could develop all the files shot before the incident. But when I got it back from them, it doesn't work at all.

So I am forced to get a camera upgrade. Unfortunately the K-7 is out of my reach and I cannot find any K10D for the reasonable price. K20D is my choice at the moment. I am looking for it in Italy and it is famous with unfriendly prices for any photo gear. And I have no idea whether it is ok to get anything from USA shipped to Italy.

Well.. I have let my pain out. Thanks for reading!

Otherwise the life is ok.. but it is no life without a Pentax..

Have a great day!

Irena
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:34 AM   #9

I love the picture of the fighter jet with it's afterburner cutting in...very nice. I handled a couple of K7's yesterday (two different camera stores) and I love the feel, the look and the small size of it. Reminds me of the old MX.

Presently I have a K10D (Nov. 07) and a KM (April '09). The K10D is a wonderful camera, but big with the grip. The pictures it takes are great, but I have to admit I would really like to get a K7.

The KM is, as you say a tremendous carry around camera (primarily why I got it) and I usually take it with me everywhere with either the kit 18055 or my 50 F1.4.

I almost bought a Canon G10 for a daily carry around but once I checked out the picture quality it was no decision.

Digital Gal...what would the price of a new KM be in Italy ? I bought my KM for $ 529 Canadian. Is this a camera you would consider ?
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:11 AM   #10

To lesmore49:

Here you can see the prices available for Pentax K-m in Italy:

http://www.ciao.it/Pentax_K_m__1185926 (ie. from EUR 395,00 to EUR 655,31 approx.)
I have never been considering K-m as a main camera although it is a really great one to bring everywhere as I can see from the size. I am into mf lenses though and moreover a K10D is just perfect for my hand. I don't like small cameras.

Thank you!
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote