Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 18, 2009, 7:09 PM   #1

Default green bee

The K7 arrived today. Wasn't expecting it so soon. I was thinking about just sending it back and waiting for the sensor issue to be identified and resolved, but I made the mistake of taking it out and putting a couple of different lenses on it and taking outside to the flower bed. I don't know if I can send it back now. I'm just hoping it doesn't have the sensor issues. I'm sure I'll find out soon because I can't keep my hands off of it. I've attached a few pics, just messing around in P mode, the first two with a sigma 28-90, 90mm, the last with a FA 50, f1.4 @ f2.5

Last edited by jnanpentaxfan; Feb 11, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
jnanpentaxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2009, 9:29 PM   #2

I was going to answer your post about whether you should return it, to try to convince you to at least try it. It's a really nice camera! Your last picture looks pretty soft, though - there's no exif information, what shutter speed were you using? Colors look really nice!

As far as whether your camera might have a problem - you really have two choices, depending on what you plan on doing with it. If you aren't planning on using movie mode, then keep using the camera as you normally would, give it a good work-out and see if you have any trouble. If you don't see anything wrong then you can decide not to explore further and just enjoy the camera. If you are planning on using it for video, go out and use it, then shoot stills. That should bring up the problem if it's going to appear and you can decide then whether the fault will cause you enough problems to return it or not.

In any case, having two camera bodies is REALLY nice - I highly recommend it so keep the other camera, if you can.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 5:09 PM   #3

Some fine colors and composition on all those shots - looks like one of our leaf-cutter bees (not sure if you have the same species there). All three look a bit soft to me though - maybe it's just my old eyes!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 9:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Some fine colors and composition on all those shots - looks like one of our leaf-cutter bees (not sure if you have the same species there). All three look a bit soft to me though - maybe it's just my old eyes!
All three are cropped significantly. My daughter was out of town and had my 100-300mm lens, so the only lenses I had were the FA 50 and a Sigma 28-90mm. I couldn't zoom in close enough with the 28-90 to get the picture I wanted and when I tried to get too close with the FA 50 the bees would fly away.

I'm not sure about the species at all. That's the first time I'ver ever seen them around here, or, for that matter, ever seen a green bee at all.
jnanpentaxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 2:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanpentaxfan View Post
All three are cropped significantly. My daughter was out of town and had my 100-300mm lens, so the only lenses I had were the FA 50 and a Sigma 28-90mm. I couldn't zoom in close enough with the 28-90 to get the picture I wanted and when I tried to get too close with the FA 50 the bees would fly away.

I'm not sure about the species at all. That's the first time I'ver ever seen them around here, or, for that matter, ever seen a green bee at all.

Hey Jerry,
It dose look a little soft but, considering the restrictions you had to put up with, I think you did good!

I don't know anything about species either but, yours looks a little more green than ours does.

ours are only half green.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote