Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 19, 2009, 9:28 AM   #11

Thank you Dave and Ira,
I agree on the wide perspective. As soon as I can get back on a good day I'll get some shots where I can take my time and get them just the way I want.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:04 AM   #12

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

GW, great wide shot perspective. The only thing I find a tad distracting is the color of the sky in the wide shot...it looks a bit over saturated. Is it the lens, the time of day, or any post processing? The sky looks very natural in the first image.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:27 AM   #13

Hi GW, I like the wide perspective of the second image. However, with the lens so wide, and DOF so deep, you wind up with quite a bit of foreground that unless it has something of interest, tends to be boring or does not add to the shot. So hope you don't mind, but I cropped it a bit to remove it. To me, if you worked your photoshop magic on the traffic signal, you would have a picture that emphasizes a vibrant energetic downtown, that people visit and shop in. I am thinking that later in the afternoon or early evening, when folks possibly come out and walk around, would produce an even more interesting shot for the downtown merchants - and the newspaper....
Attached Images

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 7:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
GW, great wide shot perspective. The only thing I find a tad distracting is the color of the sky in the wide shot...it looks a bit over saturated. Is it the lens, the time of day, or any post processing? The sky looks very natural in the first image.
jelpee, I absolutely agree with you on the sky! I tried to get it like the first one but it wasn't cooperating so I quit out of frustration. I think I messed up somewhere in the beginning of messing around with PP. the main reason for posting this one was just to express my pleasure with the wide view of the new lens

Old Jul 19, 2009, 8:04 PM   #15

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
jelpee, I absolutely agree with you on the sky! I tried to get it like the first one but it wasn't cooperating so I quit out of frustration. I think I messed up somewhere in the beginning of messing around with PP. the main reason for posting this one was just to express my pleasure with the wide view of the new lens
Just wanted to make sure that the lens was not introducing an un-natural coloring. I really like the perspective on this lens and it is exacerbating my LBA right now!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 2:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Just wanted to make sure that the lens was not introducing an un-natural coloring. I really like the perspective on this lens and it is exacerbating my LBA right now!

Well, far be it for me to tempt anyone but...

...it is a sweet little lens

...and the price isn't going down anytime soon.