Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:38 AM   #1

Default K 7 HDR and RAW Button

I may be the last to have figured this out. I shoot raw and to use HDR I was having to go into the menue change to JPEG and then go to set HDR.

Playing around with the RAW button settings I found if I set the Camera to JPEG and the RAW button to JPEG - RAW, with it set to not change back after one shot, I can go to HDR menue with raw button in raw mode and set HDR. The camera will automaticaly switch to JPEG.

Only disadvantage is I must remember to push the RAW button each time I turn the camera on, so I am in RAW mode.

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:01 AM   #2

What I do is leave the camera set to raw +. I have the raw button set to go from raw+ or raw to jpg and jpg to raw+, with the block unchecked. To do HDR, I push the button which goes to jpg, take my pictures, then push the button again to go back to raw+. I don't have to push the button every time I turn on the camera.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:50 AM   #3

Thanks, but I do not use raw+ and when I set to raw it makes me do two changes. By not using raw+ I keep the files smaller. Since I loaded Instant JPEG from raw on my computer I can extract the embeded JPEG's after downloading. 300DNG raw images will extrat in about 23 seconds. This reduces the cameras write time and file size.

Ed
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:54 PM   #4

But the principles should still apply - just change the operation of the raw button to go from jpg to raw, not raw+. It'll still work where you leave the camera on raw, push the button to go to jpg, then when you want to go back to raw, push the button again. Otherwise, you can adjust the raw/jpg setting in the info menu, since you are already there when you turn off HDR. The button is just quicker.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
But the principles should still apply - just change the operation of the raw button to go from jpg to raw, not raw+. It'll still work where you leave the camera on raw, push the button to go to jpg, then when you want to go back to raw, push the button again. Otherwise, you can adjust the raw/jpg setting in the info menu, since you are already there when you turn off HDR. The button is just quicker.
That is what I have done, when iI turn on the camera it starts in jpeg, I push the raw button to go to raw. I see no way to start in raw and go to jpeg.

Ed