Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:36 PM   #1

Default K7 clone battery

There is already a K7 Li-90 clone battery out. I'm trying it out & will let you know what I think. I've talked to several folks who had good results from this source for their Li50. Here is the link if interested:

http://www.bestbatt.com/Pentax_D_LI9..._p/bbdli90.htm
jnanpentaxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:01 PM   #2

Hi jnpfan,

Thanks! I've been waiting to see a generic battery. It's really a drag to not have a spare battery, even tho the battery life seems to be pretty good. The most I've use the K7 so far is 850 jpegs, just about all AF C and continuous bursts, and a lot of chimping. There was still apparently a lot of power left, but I was getting a little nervous. None of the big camera dealers seem to have these yet, and even the OEM batteries seem to be a little hard to get.

Please get back with a report when you get a chance.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:50 PM   #3

---------another D/FW poster.
how many aisles do you own at fry's
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 7:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robar View Post
---------another D/FW poster.
how many aisles do you own at fry's
I'm not sure I get this, but I think you're saying that I'm a bargain hunter. If so, that is quite true, but it's because my wife is the biggest bargain hunter of ALL time.

On another note, I don't care for Fry's at all, so I only go in that store as a last resort. I think that, in general, they have TERRIBLE customer service.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 5:53 PM   #5

Default Can't be proprietary

I would be surprised if this was a Pentax specific battery. The K20 battery was an existing design,

Mike
headmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:33 AM   #6

I've had a couple of days with the new clone battery. It's in the battery grip and I have the camera set to use it first. I can't tell any difference in longevity from the Pentax battery. So far, it seems to be a keeper.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 1:46 AM   #7

I just received my BestBatt battery, just days after Pentax finally started shipping their OEM batteries. So far, it seems to be working in the K-7 just fine. The labeling on the BestBatt battery claims to have the same capacity as the D-LI90 (1860 mAh), but I can't confirm nor deny it really holds that much. I'll give it a little stress test this weekend as my main battery, but so far so good!

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2009, 8:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post
I just received my BestBatt battery, just days after Pentax finally started shipping their OEM batteries. So far, it seems to be working in the K-7 just fine. The labeling on the BestBatt battery claims to have the same capacity as the D-LI90 (1860 mAh), but I can't confirm nor deny it really holds that much. I'll give it a little stress test this weekend as my main battery, but so far so good!

- Jason
I just used my K7 yesterday to shoot more than 500 pics in about 90 minutes and the clone battery still showed full charge. I'll be taking some pics to day as well with it and I'll be able to tell how accurate the charge indicator is actually reading.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post

- Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanpentaxfan View Post
I just used my K7 yesterday to shoot more than 500 pics in about 90 minutes and the clone battery still showed full charge. I'll be taking some pics to day as well with it and I'll be able to tell how accurate the charge indicator is actually reading.
Hi,

Thanks -- that's all that I needed to know -- that they aren't junk. . . ordered one, so I imagine I'll get it later next week.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote