Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:44 AM   #1

Default California K-7 Tour Dates & Locations

I just thought I'd like to share this with the Pentaxian that lives in California. They will be showing off there new toys and you can play with them as well. They will also give a way one Pentax K-7 at every show.
I will try to go to the one in San Jose on Aug 8th.

http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/
Quote:
California K-7 Tour Dates & Locations

Here are the final dates for the upcoming K-7 tour stops in California.

Thursday, August 6th
5:30pm to 7:00pm
THE PORTOFINO Hotel & Yacht Club
Pacific II Ballroom
260 Portofino Way
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
310-379-8481

Friday, August 7th
5:30pm to 7:00pm
HILTON Irvine/Orange County Airport
Crystal D Room
18800 MacArthur Blvd
Irvine, CA 92612
949-833-9999

Saturday, August 8th
2:30-4pm
Hilton San Jose – Santa Clara Room
300 Almaden Boulevard
San Jose, CA 95110
408-287-2100

Sunday, August 9th
10am to 11:30am
Marriott San Francisco Union Square
480 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
415-398-8900

Attendees will be able to try out the K-7 along with an assortment of PENTAX glass. Meet and greet with other photographers and enter to win a K-7. One camera body will be given away at each event.

Our featured photographer at all the California tour stops will be Mark Dimalanta. Mark will make a short presentation showing his work and share his experience to date shooting with the K-7. For those not familiar with Mark, here's a brief bio and links to his sites:

"Preferring to choose lifestyle over his profession, Dr. Mark Dimalanta of Huntington Beach, California left a promising career in medicine to chase a lifelong passion for surfing and photography. At present, He shoots surfing lifestyle images to share his world through the eyes of his Pentax. he travels the world over to chase perfect waves, and dreams of one day getting lost in the beauty of the Philippine Islands, the last bastion of pristine surf..."

www.markdimalanta.com
www.surfdoc.blogspot.com

John Carlson and I will be at the Orange County events (Redondo Beach and Irvine) and we look forward to meeting those SoCal Pentaxians who will be able to join us.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 1:34 AM   #2

I'll be at the San Jose and/or San Francisco stops. Hope to see you there!

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:33 PM   #3

Well, well well - looks like I might just have to head to Redondo Beach on Thursday. I'll have to think about where to stay, though - bit too far to go there then try to drive home and get up at 4 am to go to work the next day. There are several lenses that I'd REALLY like to play with!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 9:04 PM   #4

All I can say is I'm seriously envious. You don't suppose Mr. Bunnell would like to send his road show throughout New England, do you? I would love to hold a K7 in my hands and try out several lenses. Unfortunately, California is a bit far away.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 9:16 PM   #5

so close...yet so far

Redondo & Irvine with traffic from the IE causes serious hesitation...but it's doable.
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 1:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
All I can say is I'm seriously envious. You don't suppose Mr. Bunnell would like to send his road show throughout New England, do you? I would love to hold a K7 in my hands and try out several lenses. Unfortunately, California is a bit far away.
The closest the tour will reach to you would be NYC, it seems. Here's the planned east-coast portion of their tour according to John Carlson over on dpreview

August 14th - 2 gatherings at anytime - NYC
August 15th 2 gatherings at anytime- NYC
August 16th late afternoon or evening Miami, FL
August 17th evening Orlando, FL
August 18th morning or mid-day - Orlando

Link to original topic: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=32474376

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:17 PM   #7

Looks like we are going Thursday to Redondo Beach - Irvine won't work as we'll be out of town for the weekend. Looks like it's going to be an eventful week this week!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:19 PM   #8

I wanted to go to Redondo badly. But since I would've had to go alone, my husband didn't think it was the best of ideas. Maybe Irvine tomorrow but visiting family members in town so highly unlikely. sigh
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:55 AM   #9

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you this evening - it was a fun time. I had a great time looking at some lenses that I've really wanted to see. I was surprised at how light the DA*200 was - I was expecting something much heavier. It's not all that much different than the DA*50-135. The DA*300 sure is nice, but huge compared to the A*300. I can now understand why people say that they think it's better balanced than the A*300 - the A has the weight all at the end, while the DA has its weight more in the center. I could probably shoot with the DA without too much trouble, but it won't fit in my camera bag.

I really had a great time, I've pretty much chosen my next 2 lens purchases (whenever that might be in the next couple of years). The DA*200 is definitely on my list to get eventually, and my husband loved the 10-17 (I sure wouldn't have any trouble talking him into getting it). There weren't that many people there, so I got to ask quite a few questions. If you can go to Irvine, definitely try to go.

Jason and whoever goes to the ones in the Bay area - have fun!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 3:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you this evening - it was a fun time. I had a great time looking at some lenses that I've really wanted to see. I was surprised at how light the DA*200 was - I was expecting something much heavier. It's not all that much different than the DA*50-135. The DA*300 sure is nice, but huge compared to the A*300. I can now understand why people say that they think it's better balanced than the A*300 - the A has the weight all at the end, while the DA has its weight more in the center. I could probably shoot with the DA without too much trouble, but it won't fit in my camera bag.

I really had a great time, I've pretty much chosen my next 2 lens purchases (whenever that might be in the next couple of years). The DA*200 is definitely on my list to get eventually, and my husband loved the 10-17 (I sure wouldn't have any trouble talking him into getting it). There weren't that many people there, so I got to ask quite a few questions. If you can go to Irvine, definitely try to go.

Jason and whoever goes to the ones in the Bay area - have fun!
So did they really give out a K-7 there? How many people went? Just want to know what are my chances of wining one.
jk

I am 80% sure that I am going to the one on Sat.