Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 5, 2009, 6:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
I've never done this before and wondering how I should. Next month I'll be displaying some of my work in a local library's gallery. They suggested I put a card on each of my prints. Any ideas what I should put on the card.

I was thinking the title of the image and location, but didn't know if anything else should go on it. I was going to print them on small business cards.

I went and checked out the gallery and it looks like I should easily be able to display about 30 images. Hubby is saying I should just display some without frames and only mats. This way I don't need to buy a ton of frames. If I only frame maybe a third of them, will that look strange?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks, Patty
Congratulations!

I would have a card with your name and an email address (a secondary would be a good idea so they don't get your home email-I have 6) I don't put my home phone # on anything the public can see.
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2009, 8:56 PM   #12

I've never been asked to do an exhibition, so I have absolutelty no right to suggest anything. But for whatever it's worth, I would be tempted to put a sentence or two on each card describing the circumstances of each photo. That's in addition to your contact info, of course.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 9:26 AM   #13

Thanks, Keith. I love the card comment.

Patty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithw View Post
First, congrats on the display.

As for the card? How about:

"Starving photographer - please give generously"
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 9:36 AM   #14

Thanks, everyone. A friend of mine is the librarian and having seen some of my work suggested I contact her staff about having my stuff displayed. They don't allow you to sell your work there. But, putting contact info is fine. And, if you sell on the side, well, they don't mind. It would be great if I did sell some, but I think I was more fascinated by just getting asked.

I'm glad I'm like others here not wanting to put too much private info. I think that was one of the things I've been struggling with. Want people to be able to contact me, but not be able to show up at my house. I, too, have numerous e-mail addresses. All for various things. Think I'll stick to my name and e-mail address.

Now to get to work figuring out which prints and getting them ready. Also, coming up with an exhibit name and short description for their newsletter. My photos aren't New England, landscapes, flowers, people..... they are an assortment of what I like. It's going to be funky exhibit name!

Thanks for the input.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:00 PM   #15

Patty - a little late but heartfelt congratulations. This should be a great and fun exhibit! Hope you sell them all!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote