Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 12, 2009, 8:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
I looked at the rest of your pictures and they all look great! Where was the railroad museum? I am a RR buff and would love to visit there (I visit the DC/Balltimore area about once a year on my travels to Long Island).
The railroad museum is the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore. Definitely worth a visit, the roundhouse is just beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Lovely shots, Mike. Looks like you had quite the assortment of venues.

I'm jealous of the jellyfish shot. I've been going through photos I've taken this year in search of new ones for my exhibit and came across the tons of jellyfish shots I took at the New England Aquarium back in January. Haven't got too many keepers and none as good as yours here.

And, I love that hawk and lighthouse, too.

Patty
Thank you, I really tried to make sure I got a good shot of the jellyfish, I purposely used my manual 50mm f/2 lens because I knew the lighting would be dark. Surprisingly I was able to capture focus so I am really pleased with them as well.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:26 PM   #12

wow
you got around to a few places

i have been to Baltimore a couple of times now and seen a few of the sights
the Aquarium was very impressive (especially the Aussie section lol, a nice tawny frogmouth by the way ) and i loved the tall ships in the harbour, the zoo had heaps of animals i had never seen before. We struck the Baltimore and Ohio rail museum on Thomas the tank engine day so it was a bit busy with little people and we didnt get to see everything. the roundhouse is indeed a beautiful building
I didnt get to see the caves, i will have to pencil that on in for next time
A chocolate park?? hmmmm maybe i will think about that one
Thanks for sharing your trip, it brings back some nice memories
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumnut View Post
wow
you got around to a few places

i have been to Baltimore a couple of times now and seen a few of the sights
the Aquarium was very impressive (especially the Aussie section lol, a nice tawny frogmouth by the way ) and i loved the tall ships in the harbour, the zoo had heaps of animals i had never seen before. We struck the Baltimore and Ohio rail museum on Thomas the tank engine day so it was a bit busy with little people and we didnt get to see everything. the roundhouse is indeed a beautiful building
I didnt get to see the caves, i will have to pencil that on in for next time
A chocolate park?? hmmmm maybe i will think about that one
Thanks for sharing your trip, it brings back some nice memories
Some of the stuff we did was planned ahead of time, like the Inner Harbour, Zoo and Aquarium. Some other stuff we did was not planned until we were already on vacation. Our day in Annapolis, we were there during Plebe Day so it was crowded with the Plebes(freshmen naval academy students) and their families. It's the first day after their 6 week boot camp is over and their families get to visit. They painted the figurehead of Tecumseh like Buzz Lightyear for the occasion. I also missed out, due to lack of any place to stop and take a picture, on taking closer pictures of the Francis Scott Key Bridge and the Maryland Bay Bridge, but we did purposely drive over them just for the fun of it.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:40 AM   #14

Very nice series, the birds and that jelly fish are fantastic.

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 6:05 AM   #15

Nice series Mike! I love the jellyfish. They are hard to photograph from my experience. All the shots are well done.

I took my grandchildren to Hershey, Gettysburg and the Amish Country of PA several years ago.

I was quite taken back by the Gettysburg battlefield and the area in general. Your picture looks about as it did the day we visited.

I somehow felt a very dark and foreboding Karma from the place. You read about the battle but it really sinks in when you visit and come to grips with the carnage that took place there.

I have been to the National Cemetery in DC and the one in Normandy France but none affected me as this place did. Perhaps it is because of the staggering number that died there (more than from all the wars this nation has fought up to the point of the Iraq war, when we visited) and that they were all Americans.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:29 PM   #16

Really nice pictures. Sounds like a great trip. I've wanted to visit Baltimore for years, but have never been (unless you count changing planes in BWI). I'va also never been to the Gettysburg battlefield, but I've been several times to Antietam, which is chilling.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
Very nice series, the birds and that jelly fish are fantastic.

Rodney
Thank you for the kind comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Nice series Mike! I love the jellyfish. They are hard to photograph from my experience. All the shots are well done.

I took my grandchildren to Hershey, Gettysburg and the Amish Country of PA several years ago.

I was quite taken back by the Gettysburg battlefield and the area in general. Your picture looks about as it did the day we visited.

I somehow felt a very dark and foreboding Karma from the place. You read about the battle but it really sinks in when you visit and come to grips with the carnage that took place there.

I have been to the National Cemetery in DC and the one in Normandy France but none affected me as this place did. Perhaps it is because of the staggering number that died there (more than from all the wars this nation has fought up to the point of the Iraq war, when we visited) and that they were all Americans.

Lou
Gettysburg is a rather solemn place, many monuments, reminds you how diverse the troops were who fought there. Amazing to reflect on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
Really nice pictures. Sounds like a great trip. I've wanted to visit Baltimore for years, but have never been (unless you count changing planes in BWI). I'va also never been to the Gettysburg battlefield, but I've been several times to Antietam, which is chilling.
I'd love to visit Antietam sometime, it's one of those places that's on my list.