Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:51 AM   #1

Default My New K7;)

Well here are just 3 test shot 1 of my Daughter, DA 35 2.8 Limited Macro, ISO 1600, f2.8, Converted from RAW to Jpeg no PP only resize I really don't think that the K7 has a problem with high ISO and i think it's great compared to my K20D it has the same noise but the noise looks better on the K7.

And here is how the AWB performs compared to the K20D no comparison shall I say,
K7

K20D
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2009, 2:10 PM   #2

Congrats on the new camera! Really like that first picture. I've found the white balance on the K-7 different than the K20 under all sorts of different situations. Last weekend I was looking at pictures from the K100, K20 and K-7, taken by different people but under similar conditions. The auto white balance differences surprised me, even pictures taken in daylight. For the most part, I preferred the K-7 over the other two (who were closer than how I had remembered from when I first got the K20).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 3:01 PM   #3

Hi Herc,

Congrats!!

There's so much to like with the K-7. Many will (and have) said that it's not a significant upgrade from the K20, but I find it considerably easier to shoot (and get a good result), especially in tough lighting conditions. This factor is just not quantifiable, and rarely can be gotten from looking at specs or reading reviews.

I've found a significant advantage with the AWB in most situations, and appreciate that Pentax has chosen to give some preset choices to how the camera handles Tungsten.

I'll also agree with your comment about the noise. I've found that it has less chroma (color) noise, and it's much easier to ignore or deal with noise if it's mostly in just the luminance (grainy) component.

I know you'll be having a lot of fun with this body. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you using your new acquisition.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 4:10 PM   #4

So, having skipped the D90, you've got the K7 now arkadas!! Actually, I've really been impressed by the AWB performance compared to the K20D. Btw, I can see another upgrade in your living room, which will make it a pleasure to watch the footages you may shoot with your new DSLR ; )
PS. Looking at the picture of your daughter, one cannot help but notice how these kids grow up so quickly when compared to their pictures taken two years ago...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:02 PM   #5

Congratulations on the new camera Herc,
Grate comparison shot!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:40 PM   #6

Have fun with your new toy, it looks like you are off to a good start with that 1st shot.

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Congrats on the new camera! Really like that first picture. I've found the white balance on the K-7 different than the K20 under all sorts of different situations. Last weekend I was looking at pictures from the K100, K20 and K-7, taken by different people but under similar conditions. The auto white balance differences surprised me, even pictures taken in daylight. For the most part, I preferred the K-7 over the other two (who were closer than how I had remembered from when I first got the K20).
Thanks mtngal, I think the upgrade from the K20D to K7 is worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
Hi Herc,

Congrats!!

There's so much to like with the K-7. Many will (and have) said that it's not a significant upgrade from the K20, but I find it considerably easier to shoot (and get a good result), especially in tough lighting conditions. This factor is just not quantifiable, and rarely can be gotten from looking at specs or reading reviews.

I've found a significant advantage with the AWB in most situations, and appreciate that Pentax has chosen to give some preset choices to how the camera handles Tungsten.

I'll also agree with your comment about the noise. I've found that it has less chroma (color) noise, and it's much easier to ignore or deal with noise if it's mostly in just the luminance (grainy) component.

I know you'll be having a lot of fun with this body. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you using your new acquisition.

Scott
Thank you Scott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahadir View Post
So, having skipped the D90, you've got the K7 now arkadas!! Actually, I've really been impressed by the AWB performance compared to the K20D. Btw, I can see another upgrade in your living room, which will make it a pleasure to watch the footages you may shoot with your new DSLR ; )
PS. Looking at the picture of your daughter, one cannot help but notice how these kids grow up so quickly when compared to their pictures taken two years ago...
Yes my friend once I got to Athens on the 19th of August I stayed at my cousins house for 1 day and I went to the Camera store I buy my stuff at and he had all of them there, so no the D90 was to plastic and then I held the 50D in one hand and the D300 in the other, and used them as dumbell curls for 2 sets of 10 reps so I picked the K7 and it felt so right in my hands,
yes the kids are growing fast as she is like 5ft9in now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Congratulations on the new camera Herc,
Grate comparison shot!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
Have fun with your new toy, it looks like you are off to a good start with that 1st shot.

Rodney
Thanks you Rodney
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:09 AM   #8

Contrats with your new camera,

Ronny
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:24 PM   #9

Congratulations and use it in good health.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2009, 8:35 AM   #10

Congratulations on the K-7.

Soon I will be upgrading from the K100d, I hope. I almost bought a k20 but returned it. The K-7 just keeps calling to me. Comparison shots, like yours, is one of the reasons.
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote