Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:54 AM   #21

This month's challenge has made us all DOF conscious - You have done well here - No 1 is stunning, and would have been so even without HDR, but is especially dimensional with it. Thanks for the tour.

Last edited by penolta; Sep 16, 2009 at 11:57 AM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:32 PM   #22

Thanks for the great pic's Bahadir, we don't get this type of subject matter here in Oz.
Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 8:51 PM   #23

I have to weigh in on these great shots too Bahadir. Your composition was excellent, especially on the first one (my favorite) and you did a great job with the HDR, very subtle and realistic.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:00 PM   #24

What a fantastic place to photograph. I don't know anything about the HDR stuff yet, but I like this series. TFS!
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 3:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
This month's challenge has made us all DOF conscious - You have done well here - No 1 is stunning, and would have been so even without HDR, but is especially dimensional with it. Thanks for the tour.
Thanks a lot for your insightful comment. Actually I first thought of sending #1 in this month's challenge regarding the subject : ) The closeness of the capital in the composition had me select a smaller aperture than I usually do, for an extended DOF.

.................................................. .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by simowills View Post
Thanks for the great pic's Bahadir, we don't get this type of subject matter here in Oz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simowills View Post
Simon

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, Simon. I'm so happy to have some very skillful friends from Oz thanks to Steve's, oh, not all are Pentaxian though

.................................................. ........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonEntity1 View Post
I have to weigh in on these great shots too Bahadir. Your composition was excellent, especially on the first one (my favorite) and you did a great job with the HDR, very subtle and realistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonEntity1 View Post

Tim

Thank you Tim! It's all about appreciation of the subject I'd even say. Oh, I remember my father taking the family to such ancient sites letting me play there for hours as I do now : ) Ah, some painstaking time at PS after the tonemapping is also included in the game!

.................................................. ...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameanee View Post
What a fantastic place to photograph. I don't know anything about the HDR stuff yet, but I like this series. TFS!

Happy to read your kind feedback! Oh, when you feel obliged to shoot bravely against the sun contrary to the common advice, as I did just a year and half ago, you'll be more motivated for the plunge into hdr : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote