Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:46 AM   #11

You said that your equipment performed flawlessly. I agree, and will add that your performance was just as good! Thanks for sharing this great photo - I'm sure the couple will really appreciate it!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 6:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennacac View Post
I still have my DS and a couple of AF 500 FTZ flash units that I still use quite often, just goes to show you the DS can still do a fine job.

Very nice!

Tom
I have (2) of the Ist DS's-my K10d & K20d sit on the shelf. Both have less than 1000 shots on them. Just feel more comfortable with the DS.
FYI-if you do any portrait work I highly recommend the Gary Fong Lightsphere-I know it is a lot of money for tupperware-but it really works. My partner & I have taken over 3000 shots the last two weddings and there has been (0) red eye and virtually no shadows. (range is up to 15-0 @ ISO 400)
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
You said that your equipment performed flawlessly. I agree, and will add that your performance was just as good! Thanks for sharing this great photo - I'm sure the couple will really appreciate it!
Thanks for the kind comments-really appreciate the interest.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:40 PM   #14

Very nice! Congratulations on the shot and having the courage to go pro with your photography. I would be terrified. Thanks also for the word on the lightspheres, I had been considering one and was looking for unbiased input.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:55 PM   #15

My partner and I do weddings a little differently. One of us or both always attend the rehearsal-this has saved us countless times. We also go where the bride & her party are getting ready-last weekend we took about 150 shots inside a hair salon-we send a few prints to the owner as a thank you. When the wedding arrives there are usually no surprises and we already know the sequence of events and all the participants. This is a lot of extra work but we always get a happy bride.