Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:11 PM   #11

I like this idea from Pentax, offering the color choices. I don't think I really like the idea of lenses with plastic mount hardware. I can just see disaster waiting to happen. I know it's to help bring down the cost, but some things you might not want to compromise on.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 3:56 PM   #12

I expressed my opinion on some of the colors - my opinion, some of them are really awful. I just happened to leave the posting of the KX up on the screen, and my wife saw it and said that she liked it (the red one) and was that going to be her new camera - that I was going to get her.

OK - the dark blue body does appear somewhat reasonable. However some of the other color choices, bright yellow, orange, green, the over the top light blue, the pink, etc. really do not do anything for me.

However, I guess that if the women in Japan take to these, - one to match each outfit, I guess that there could be a new fashion trend - who am I to argue with that outlook.

On the flip side, the colors that do not sell, I guess go to the equivalent of the ¥en Store? Would you relieve the excess inventory of the hot pink body with the light blue hand hold coupled with the brilliant yellow lens - all for the princely sum of a ¥en? It might be a wonderful night astrophotography camera. You certainly would not misplace it. I wonder if the colors glow in the dark?

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 1:21 PM   #13

Whichever colour you have, you still get the black lens.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dal1970/

Nikon D7000
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:35 AM   #14

Folks,

I have a slightly different take on things. Imagine that you are doing street photography or taking pictures in a club, or are on a walk on a trail, who would you object to more, someone that looks like a professional taking a picture, and might use it for profit, or some one with a goofy looking camera, who obviously looks like a amateur and most likely entice to you pose for them? I think a person carrying a red, or a pink or a sky blue camera looks far less threatening in the general publics' mind than a professional black camera.

just my 2 cents work

Best regards,

-thepusher
thepusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:57 PM   #15
Super Moderator

i think its a great idea to offer some personalization. i mean, why not? as long as the tool is the same, you may as well have some options to personalize it. kudos to pentax for this, and hope they expand these options beyond Japan.

p.s. i love the blackblue limited and the mars landing limited.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinioman View Post
Here are my thoughts on the Pentax K-x and Pentax K-xC (request to Pentax by Hin)

I hope Pentax can make the color selection an international and global choice without boundaries. It is a difficult logistics for Pentax but it can attract enthusiasts with no physical and geological boundaries. If they go this far to tempt us, please tempt us on a equal basis.

PS: some punt intended in my blog post. enjoy it while we can before RH take a stab on reporting RED HOT issues and problems with color. Congratulation to all of us Pentaxians who stay put in Pentax.

Thanks,
Hin
I like that TrashyGreen..kind of a camouflage green. Don't think that 'army' green is offered but it would be good for wildlife photography as long as the rest of you had camo on. The black 55-300 lens I use...well I'd just put some camo cloth on it.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:52 PM   #17

They should offer the K-7 is camo/OD green - with the weather sealing, it would be an excellent wildlife camera!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:39 PM   #18

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...aQr1QyFuWN7gCw

This link has a picture of the Leica safari...olively green...looks elegant. I second that recommendation from the previous poster regarding a green (camouflage) K7 body..and some camouflage green lens such as the 55-300, the 300 prime, etc.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:57 PM   #19

I would certainly be willing to buy an awful garish color for 40%-60% off retail
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:22 AM   #20

Way to bring a thread back from the dead... this is no longer a rumor... lol