Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:53 PM   #1

Default Another good find

I've always used screen protectors.. never needed it but ''better safe than sorry''..
there's enough for the top and back lcd on 3 cameras. how can you go wrong for 80

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280391152145
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2009, 2:59 PM   #2

Couldn't agree more.
vertigoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:35 PM   #3

Good buy Roy, although I have always found with these that no matter how I apply them, I always get a couple of bubbles.

I now only use the amour protect screens which fit the rear and top screen. As they are solid, they mount with now bubbles.

Mind you, they are a bit more expensive....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dal1970/

Nikon D7000
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:53 PM   #4

welcome to the best forum here vertigo..

i thought this person i got these from had more for sale. evidently i was wrong. i have a message to him but no answer yet
Old Sep 20, 2009, 5:03 PM   #5

Yes, I use these type protectors, too. Whatever I can find that's cheapest. Just put a new one on my K20 and I somehow got a major bubble under one corner that now won't stick. So, get to start over again with another one.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:31 AM   #6

For years, when I have a plastic screen to protect, I simply have plastered it with clear packing tape, carefully trimmed after placement with a razor. I always have a roll of this tape at my desk. I seal the address and rear flap of envelopes of personal mail for security.
Works for me. If the air bubbles cause you concern, use a sharp needle, prick the bubble lightly, and certainly not into the screen, and press the air out the small hole. Can't get all the air, but enough to be happy.
Some will be concerned the plastic screen will be affected. Not so, so far here.
Old Engineer
Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Engineer View Post
For years, when I have a plastic screen to protect, I simply have plastered it with clear packing tape, carefully trimmed after placement with a razor. I always have a roll of this tape at my desk. I seal the address and rear flap of envelopes of personal mail for security.
Works for me. If the air bubbles cause you concern, use a sharp needle, prick the bubble lightly, and certainly not into the screen, and press the air out the small hole. Can't get all the air, but enough to be happy.
Some will be concerned the plastic screen will be affected. Not so, so far here.
Old Engineer
OE,i can't believe i had not thought of that.. what i've been using for the past years is the clear protectors that are used for new sales.. like in printers.. i've got plenty of it somewhere in a place i'll never forget. oh well..
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Engineer View Post
Old Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by robar View Post
OE,i can't believe i had not thought of that.. what i've been using for the past years is the clear protectors that are used for new sales.. like in printers.. i've got plenty of it somewhere in a place i'll never forget. oh well..
Are you say'n use packing tape to cover the lcd screen on your camera or phone? I'm lost???
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote