Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:35 PM   #11

Wonderful shots! They have more impact seeing them together like you did (I watched the slideshow option) than seeing them widely spaced out when you've posted them here (I recognized several of them, others were new to me).

So you'll be heading this way on Thursday, and I'll be going north on Friday - going to be heading to Washington and Olympic National Park for a week. I hope all is well with your family out here and that you have a good time. Wave to Frazier Park if you drive by.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 3:22 PM   #12

Patty - a great show - thanks for sharing it with us too!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:17 PM   #13

Thank you, mtnman, mtngal and mole. Yes, UNH is a very nice school. My son loved it too, but never ended up there. Let me know if she picks there to go.

Harriet - I shall wave as we drive by as we're landing at LAX. Probably about 3, so watch for our moving hands. If you go up 99 through Bakersfield wave to us at probably the 58 exit. We're way up on the cliff. Hope you enjoy your trip and get lots of nice photos.

You're welcome, mole. Isn't the internet great for sharing with people all over.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:43 PM   #14

Default Have a buyer!

I've been traveling all day and am exhausted. But, just had to share my good news with all my friends here.

Someone has approached me about buying two of my photos. It might be that I've been up for 20 straight hours now, but I'm pretty excited.

I'll come back tomorrow to catch up on all the postings I've missed the last few days when I'm a little more awake. But, couldn't wait to share my news.

Patty
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:18 AM   #15

Hi Patty

Congrats to you for your Sales!!! That has to be a great feeling. Keep up the good work

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2009, 8:33 PM   #16

Outstanding news! It must be such a high to have someone actually buy your pictures. I assume that even though you were up for so many hours, that your trip was uneventful. We leave tomorrow morning, before dawn. I'll wave in your general direction - we figure we'll be better off taking the 5 instead of the 99 - fewer towns and local traffic.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:09 PM   #17

Thanks, Phil and Harriet. It is a nice feeling.

Yes, the trip was uneventful. Just long getting up at 3:30 a.m. (EST) to catch the plane, flying non-stop (which I can't stand because of my back), meeting my stepson for lunch in Los Angeles, getting stuck in traffic on the way up to Bakersfield, then all the visiting once we arrived. And, then two of my brothers got into town around 11:30 (2:30 EST), and visited with them until 3:30 (6:30 EST) and only slept a few hours. So, still going on less than 8 hours sleep in the past two nights. Hopefully tonight I'll get more.

Patty
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:45 AM   #18

great photos!
luckystar8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:05 AM   #19

Truly an outstanding collection. I'm struck by the diversity in subjects, styles, moods, lighting conditions, etc...all while maintaining excellence. Definitely a reason for pride. Congratulations on the potential sale.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:58 PM   #20

Well, thank you. I was quite surprised to see this old thread revived.

Yep, Paul. I tend to take photos of anything and everything.

Patty