Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameanee View Post
Something about your capture of the Coast Guard cruising along in what appears to be a serene looking spot makes this one my favorite.
This is a very active Coast Guard Base. They patrol off shore and the navigable portion of the Merrimack River.

There are a lot of small boats that venture out to Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary from here for fishing, sea bird watching and in the summer to whale watch the 100 or so Humpback Wales that migrate hear each year as well as a few endangered Wright Whales that are sometimes spotted.

Stellwagen Bank is only about 25 miles east of here. It was formed as the glaciers retreated from the area.
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:48 PM   #12

Cool, Lou. Nice job.

It's funny. You took photos of the same things I did. The pattern in the sand, the driftwood, the boats going by. Guess there's not a ton more, but...

Anyway, I really like your images. Will have to come back this weekend and get caught up on what all else I've missed the past few weeks.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Paul, I also liked the sand shot. The patterns presented by the sand and the reseeding tide can often present a photo opportunity.

I played with it in PS and found I could get artistic with it as well. Here is another rendition of same.

Lou
I like what you did with it.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Cool, Lou. Nice job.

It's funny. You took photos of the same things I did. The pattern in the sand, the driftwood, the boats going by. Guess there's not a ton more, but...

Patty
Not much else going on at that small beach.

I have been told there is another place to view the seals further up the coast in Seabrook, NH. I will try and get up there and see if it gets me any closer to the seals. I'll let you know how I make out.

Thanks for commenting. Get yourself some well deserved rest.

Congratulations for your 1st place ribbon at the Merrimack Valley Camera club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou

Last edited by Keltech; Oct 9, 2009 at 8:32 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojansoc View Post
I like what you did with it.

Paul
Thanks Paul, I'm beginning to explore Photoshop a little more now for some of the ways to manipulate photos artistically.

Lou
Old Oct 11, 2009, 2:38 PM   #16

Hey Lou, I've been separated from my computer for a while so, I'm just now getting to see these.
Nice work!
Attached Images

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 5:01 PM   #17

Great seal shots. Very good definition in what was probably tricky lighting.

Co-incidentally, I had lunch in Amesbury yesterday (Saturday). Except my Amesbury was in Wiltshire, UK. I was intrigued by the reference to Salisbury and Andover as they are all very close together in the UK. Then I remembered that these are all in New England, and it all made a sort of sense. Still a bit strange looking at Google maps and seeing all these UK town names.

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Hey Lou, I've been separated from my computer for a while so, I'm just now getting to see these.
Nice work!
Thanks GW and welcome back!
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithw View Post

Co-incidentally, I had lunch in Amesbury yesterday (Saturday). Except my Amesbury was in Wiltshire, UK. I was intrigued by the reference to Salisbury and Andover as they are all very close together in the UK. Then I remembered that these are all in New England, and it all made a sort of sense. Still a bit strange looking at Google maps and seeing all these UK town names.
Thanks Keith, Yes New England is full of English town names. I grew up in Brighton...........Massachusetts that is.

The town I live in now, Andover is the sister town of Andover England. A year or two ago they hosted a group of visitors from our town and I think next year we will be hosting them here.

About 27 years ago I stayed overnight in Andover England while on my way to Stonehenge. The people at the hotel were also surprised to find out there was an Andover, MA.

Lou