Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 4, 2009, 4:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
MadMikeSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kenmore, NY
Posts: 743
Default It's autumn!

Time for a day out at the farm for the kids (class trip) and to be reminded that it's fall again.





And a rare shot of me with my oldest, since the my other two children wouldn't sit still for a photo.


Last edited by MadMikeSS; Oct 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:06 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Rodney9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yeronga, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 3,518
Default

That last one is a lovely family shot and nice dof in the 2nd pumpkin shot, they should make good Jack O'Lantern's for Halloween.
__________________

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:58 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Keltech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Andover, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,178
Default

Nice shots Mike; it's a fun and colorful time of year. I also like the depth of field on your pumpkin shot.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:29 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Central Vermont
Posts: 1,890
Default

Very nice shots. The colorful fall season is so brief, you have to enjoy it while it lasts.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,522
Default

Great family photo, and some nice, colorful, well-composed pumpkins shots. Thanks for sharing!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Gumnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,259
Default


i have to admit i dont mind seeing the autumn colours, we just dont get autumn at all, there is something warming about them
the second pumpkin photo has a great depth to it

you tried bribery with the other 2 kids ?
__________________
www.johndolphin.net/photos
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:59 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
MadMikeSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kenmore, NY
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
That last one is a lovely family shot and nice dof in the 2nd pumpkin shot, they should make good Jack O'Lantern's for Halloween.
Thank you for your kind comments. Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. With the trip to the farm, everyone also got a free pumpkin that we got to pick from the pumpkin patch. It was a fun day. And for a change it wasn't raining like it has been for the last 3 years before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Nice shots Mike; it's a fun and colorful time of year. I also like the depth of field on your pumpkin shot.

Lou
It's a shame my days off are so odd from my job, on top of my hours, I wish I could get out more to capture the colors of autumn. I work 3:30-midnight and have wed/thurs off. I'm trying not to miss it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
Very nice shots. The colorful fall season is so brief, you have to enjoy it while it lasts.
Thank you, see my last response just above. I wish I had more time to catch it before it's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Great family photo, and some nice, colorful, well-composed pumpkins shots. Thanks for sharing!
My pleasure. I don't often end up in my own pictures. I wish I had your job, I wouldn't miss any of the autumn season that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumnut View Post

i have to admit i dont mind seeing the autumn colours, we just dont get autumn at all, there is something warming about them
the second pumpkin photo has a great depth to it

you tried bribery with the other 2 kids ?
That pumpkin shot really turned out the way I was hoping. My 2 youngest don't fall for the bribes anymore. If I can't get them to stand still long enough to take a picture, I don't bother. I catch them when I can.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:15 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
penolta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: California USA
Posts: 5,206
Default

It's that time of year -- some punkins! The second shot would have been a good entry for the DOF competition had it been taken a bit earlier.
__________________
.
.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2009, 4:42 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
MadMikeSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kenmore, NY
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
It's that time of year -- some punkins! The second shot would have been a good entry for the DOF competition had it been taken a bit earlier.
Hehe, I hear ya there, these things never happen at the right times.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:50 PM.