Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:56 PM   #1

Default Car Show

I was editing some pix from our vacation last night and decided to jump from day 3 to day 10 just to keep everybody guessing...

These were taken late in the afternoon "Bright" sunlight so, I apologize in advance for the harsh light.

This one I have to explain... it wasn't the car, it was the hair! He was good natured about me taking his photo and, I have to say, he did have a nice ride.

I didn't want to post 50 pix here so, click the link to see more.

http://goldwinger.zenfolio.com/p96346352/slideshow

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...

Last edited by Goldwinger; Oct 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM.
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:07 PM   #2

Nice shots there though all that heat endured on the blacktop.. When I took mine the last time I was thinking they should place the cars in groups like circles rear to corners to rear corner so a lot of the other car color don't magnify its self in the reflection of the car that one is shooting... One of mine in my Album was not at the show it was during a walk that I see her and so I took the shot that's the Red Cruzer with the blue strip from out of Montana... straight on with now other cars to reflect off into the side,, Got others from a few years ago from the A&W that I still need to load in from disc.

By the way GoldWinger why is it every time I see you Avatar I get this feeling I have known you before... is it that face that attitude .... I do swear that I have for some reason that I knew you some where in my past....

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Oct 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:39 PM   #3

Hi SSG,
Thank you for the comments. I agree, it seems they could do better with the arrangement of vehicles, the organizers just don't care about us photographers.
A lot of people tell me I look familiar. I think I just have one of those faces. Not sure if that's good or bad. Although, I have lived in Washington state, around Spokane, and Walla Walla. who knows, perhaps we've meet.

Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:19 PM   #4

I think that you handled the "harsh" light well. I never seem to get that right. Really enjoyed the series, loved the composition and the wonderful rich colors. And if those were handheld, you have one steady hand, for sure.

"One of those faces" . . . well, it says to me, hey, let's visit . . . and that's a good thing.

K5, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Panasonic LX5, Canon G15
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. C View Post
I think that you handled the "harsh" light well. I never seem to get that right. Really enjoyed the series, loved the composition and the wonderful rich colors. And if those were handheld, you have one steady hand, for sure.

"One of those faces" . . . well, it says to me, hey, let's visit . . . and that's a good thing.
Thank you for the kind words Doc.
yes they were hand held but, the 12-24mm and fast shutter speed helps.

Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
I was editing some pix from our vacation last night and decided to jump from day 3 to day 10 just to keep everybody guessing...

These were taken late in the afternoon "Bright" sunlight so, I apologize in advance for the harsh light.

This one I have to explain... it wasn't the car, it was the hair! He was good natured about me taking his photo and, I have to say, he did have a nice ride.
Hmm what a change!!!
I thought only scantily dressed women are featured in carshow.
I usu give up shooting in such lighting environment

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:34 PM   #7

Great car show, some really good shots.
Obviously there is never too much chrome.

Curious that BASF car, that was the company I worked for 12 fabulous years.
BASF here in Australia sponsored a racing Porche, I'll never forget the hot lap I had in it.

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:17 PM   #8

Thank you Daniel & Rodney, Glad I could bring back some memories.

Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:56 PM   #9

Cool shots GW

Always nice to see proper cars from yester year

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dal1970/

Nikon D7000
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Hi SSG,
Thank you for the comments. I agree, it seems they could do better with the arrangement of vehicles, the organizers just don't care about us photographers.
A lot of people tell me I look familiar. I think I just have one of those faces. Not sure if that's good or bad. Although, I have lived in Washington state, around Spokane, and Walla Walla. who knows, perhaps we've meet.
Ah I think we have met before for my mother was raised in Grandveiw and Pasco... area in fact the ol scale, there was,as I knew her, Aunt Mid Krouse and well her son married mama's cousin... and as for Spokane ha my life so much is connected... Grand father lived there once nice place of Course.. Kenneth Ball was a good freind of Chet Huntley I know you oldtimers would remember him. any was I hear you are having good weather so dont want to keep you from enjoying it its cool up here hitting harshness fires burnning mm the smells calling me to do so too but not fire place... later....
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote