Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:10 AM   #1

Default Bays Mt Lake

Took a quick stroll up to the small lake at Bays Mt Park to check on the autumnal reflections. Some mist, some light frost (our first for this year) and some fine views of the autumnal foliage. Here are a few samples.

The lake itself was once the primary reservoir for the city of Kingsport. Now no longer used for drinking water, it serves as the centerpiece of a wonderful city park - about 3,000 acres of forested mountains, and a fine nature center.
Attached Images

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:11 AM   #2

The shallower portions of the lake are rich with varied water lilies. No blooms now, but some interesting reflections.
Attached Images

Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:12 AM   #3

Lots of marshy areas along the shore also make for some interesting reflections of the fall colors.
Attached Images

Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:14 AM   #4

The light frost did not seem to do any damage to lakeside vegetation, just made for some slick places along the trail, and some pretty patterns on the leaves.
Attached Images

Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:14 AM   #5

Let's go strolling here again soon!

Thanks for any comments, critiques, etc...
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:24 PM   #6

The two water lily pictures are just awesome - they blow me away. This whole series is wonderful, so imaginative! This really shows me what I was missing when I was in Washington - taking the time and having enough imagination to see that special something that there is to see in most beautiful locations. Thanks for posting these and letting me go strolling with you.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:04 PM   #7

That is so refreshing to see the light frost on the leaves. I have yet to see any frost but am watching for it on the the tall grasses and other places. As well I can wait to get some shots of ice in as well like the ones I took one year of ice patterns on the truck though I don't have them as they were on my laptop that was stolen down in Missouri by a drug addict looking for his shot...
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 5:50 AM   #8

Harriet - thanks for your complimentary comments! It's easy to take pretty pictures ins such a beautiful place!! Glad you enjoyed them. I don't usually take the time to slow down and look for unique perspectives, but had a great hiking companion who encouraged me to "stop and smell the lilies" - or perhaps to smell the rich muddy places near the lilies!!

SharpShotGal - I too enjoy searching out the unique patterns in frost, and am looking forward to more coming soon. Sorry to hear about the theft - I don't suppose you kept any back-ups of those photos...
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:39 AM   #9

Great series, Mole-

Very well done.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:48 AM   #10

Mole, please express my appreciation to your hiking companion for "slowing you down" enough to make these beautiful images. Perhaps an extra treat is timely? Love the reflections and colors. Thanks.

K5, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Panasonic LX5, Canon G15
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote