Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:22 PM   #11

these sure are a nice break from work

all are really nice photos
the autumn leaves look colourful, but the blue sky and clouds really add that extra something
especially the second photo
and i like the inclusion of the near tree in the third photo
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:47 AM   #12

Thanks to all for your kind words!

GW - Actually this trail is much longer, steeper & rockier than the trail to the falls. If you recall your hike to the falls, after the first level stretch there is a fork in the trail. You went on the left fork, towards the falls. The right fork was that rather steep and rock-strewn trail - that's Bullen Hollow...

Rodney - Glad you liked them. The cute little face is a giant yellow hornet - rather numb from the cold.

Lou - Thanks! I've had a lot of fun the past week or so playing with water reflections - took a few right near my home yesterday evening of a VERY BRIGHT hillside reflected in the lake.

Bluenose - glad you enjoyed the "hike." Hope to see you out on the real trail someday!

John - thanks for the kind critique, I had to struggle a bit to get that pine in the picture, while not sliding on down the side of the mt. Glad it worked!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:20 PM   #13

it's me again! haha hope you're not tired of reading what i have to say...this looks like a beautiful place, i want to go!! all three of the landscapes at the start make me want to pack up my bags and go there!
the two solo leaf shots seem very staged to me, i don't know if it's their very central composition, or if it is, no, i think it's just the very central composition.
that bug is awesome. i love how his eyes wrap around to the back of his head (i think, that is what it looks like to me, anyway.) and his mouth looks scary!
the second of the reflections pictures, i really like. it looks like the water's probably a little gross, but the leaves and the reflection make it beautiful.
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 4:17 PM   #14

Vole - I will never tire of what you have to say - and surely hope that others on the forum enjoy your carefully-chosen words too! I can see what you mean about the leaves... The hornet was certainly fierce-looking, but no one got stung! And yes, that water was rather nasty - surprisingly so, considering the rather remote location!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:02 PM   #15

I know this is an older thread but we are going to make that trail tomorrow and I wanted to say how beautiful your pics are! Thanks for sharing!
clippityclop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:28 PM   #16

Hey ClippityClop - Welcome to the forum! Hope you had a great trip up Bullen Hollow - sure was a fine warm day for a hike... Be sure to post some photos!