Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:21 PM   #11

Hum one can go to the lower regions here though and capture the lakes with in all those hills... on the south east end at Hoodsport and Cushman Lake and to the South West is the ocean and Lake Quinlault off of 101 course the 101 goes all the way around on the wayside of Mt Oly.. lovely pictures MtGal when did you come up and take those? Seems when I got back from Missouri it seems that this last summer was very hot and melted the caps a lot.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:41 PM   #12

I was up there the end of September - spent a week at Discovery Bay, doing day-trips from there. It was a rural vacation - we drove around Port Townsend one day, briefly, but that was about it. I'll post more - we visited Sol Duc Falls, Hoh Rain Forest, Salt Creek County Park and Neah Bay/Cape Flattery along with Hurricane Ridge. I loved the area and want to return, to stay along the Pacific so I can visit Quinlault's rain forest, too. Hoh was about as far as was practical for a day trip from where we were staying.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:55 PM   #13

Just finished viewing the Zenfolio series and your images are so beautiful. Love the colors, and you gave me some composition ideas. I'll be near Seattle next week for a few days and hope to see some of the same rich colors you captured . . . perhaps, who knows, maybe even capture a few.

K5, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Panasonic LX5, Canon G15
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:00 PM   #14

Fantastic series, Harriet. I love the rugged texture.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2009, 8:55 PM   #15

I live not far from there I see those mountains every day just about... and Discovery Bay is nice my dad had worked in Port Angeles on some boilers one summer and we stayed there in Discovery Bay in the Motel to the Right of the bay on the hill. The memories of the air and lite wind blowing thru to coll us off is still sweet.. I am glad you enjoy the place around here we try to make every one feel at home.. one should do a farm trek travel they have them listed some times in the paper Seattle Times had them. I think I still have the part from three years ago... They are really a sight to see in the summer time when all the flowers are in bloom and harvest is setting in and stocks are up from last falls harvest...
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2009, 9:56 PM   #16

Fantastic pictures of a truly spectacular area, Harriet. I have hiked and climbed in both Mt Rainier and North Cascades National Parks, but never made it across Puget Sound to the Olympic Peninsula. There are so many places I want to see, but until I get myself there, I'll have to satisfy myself looking at photos taken by others.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:42 AM   #17

Dr. C - have a great time - it's such a wonderful area. Are you going to be able to travel much? Of course, there's a lot to see in Seattle, too. I'm always thinking when I see others pictures posted here, that I really wasn't very imaginative about my shots, there's so much more I could have done with them. While it now takes me twice as long to visit a place than it did before I started really getting into photography, at the end of a vacation I usually wish I had gone slower and looked closer at things or wished that I had thought about changing levels more, getting lower for shots other than close-ups.

mtnman - I'm another who has far more places on my wish list than I have time to visit them all. It's fun to try to whittle it down bit by bit as I can, and to discover other places I didn't know about in the process.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2009, 1:51 PM   #18

Harriet, I have to agree with Pen, these are great photos but, your best are still on your Zenfolio site! I started to make a mental not of some that jumped out at me... then I thought I better write them down... then I decided there were too many to mention! you did extremely outstanding work on these!
Attached Images

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote