Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 2, 2009, 12:11 PM   #11

Excellent photos, good exposure must be tough, but all are spot on.

Looks like a magical place. Love the "row of trees" photo. Great comp.

AL
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:33 PM   #12

Thanks for all of the compliments!

Les, the DA 55-300 is a really nice lens and works well for my husband (who only sort-of knows how to change lenses). When we were in Yellowstone last year I made the mistake of letting him use the DA*50-135 one day, then tried to get him to use the kit 18-55 the next. He hated it and that was the last time I saw the DA*50-135 for the week. He didn't complain at all when I put the DA 55-300 on his camera at the Hoh rain forest (he used the 50-135 the day before in the rain). So that says something, even though the 55-300 isn't as fast as the 50-135, its sharp enough that you don't notice it in the viewfinder (of course, the difference between the K100 and the K20's viewfinders might have had something to do with it, too - last year he used the K100, this year the K20).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 5:42 AM   #13

nice shots, very prehistoric looking
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:28 PM   #14

more great wet photos
where is this ? (and the other one too)
the phone is a good one lol

there is heaps of detail in these photos
all the small ferns and mosses
i sure get the feeling of wet
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:25 AM   #15

This on the West side of Mt Olympics in the State of Washington, It is always wet there that is why they call it the Rain Forest so if you plan on visiting be prepared with rain slick and some good warm comfortable shoes that you allow to get wet. I was born in Seattle and have visited most of the places and find them refreshing to go back to all the time. Wishes for the times I did not have the camera.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:37 AM   #16

Hoh really is a wonder place - and while it's not that far away from the other series (Sol Duc Falls, also in Olympic National Park, Washington) as the crow flies, it's a long way by road. I was surprised that it was also quite a bit different. We went to Sol Duc Falls first and it seemed so lush and green, that I assumed Hoh wouldn't be much different. While they were similar in many respects, the rain forest is like the area around Sol Duc on steriods or something - there's more of everything.

The other interesting thing is that it was partly sunny without any rain the day we went to Hoh. This collection of pictures doesn't bring that out well - the first HDR shot would have if I had posted one of the frames, but you don't get that sense at all with the one posted.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote